Monday, January 4, 2010

pretty...


The other day, I was standing in the kitchen and this is what I heard:
Alex: "Lizzy, you're pretty."
Me: "What?"
Alex: Nothing. I just said Lizzy's pretty."
Me: "Oh my gosh. (eyes watering) That's so nice."
Alex: "Well...she is."
So matter of fact. So out of the blue. You should have seen the smile on sweet Lizzy's face. It was so darling. She was so happy. She couldn't stop grinning. It made ME so happy to see that her older brother matters so much to her. And of course...it made me cry.

13 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

That is soo sweet!

Vanessa said...

So darling! And he's right: Lizzie is very very pretty and so are her sisters and Mom!

O family said...

that is super sweet.

sarahandmatt said...

what sweet children you have!

brittany said...

your kids are the sweetest nicest kids i know. how do you do that anyway?

Rachel said...

I would have cried, too. She will ALWAYS remember that moment...I love it.

mj said...

What a kind boy...and it certainly is true.....Lizzy is beautiful inside and out.

MommyMert said...

That is the sweetest thing... :)

Lisa said...

What a sweet brother. Doesn't it just make your heart melt when your children are kind to one another?

Sharene said...

Man that is so sweet! That just made your day I'm sure. I can't wait for times that like.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...that is darling

Anonymous said...

That is one of those moments that makes it all worth it. He is such a fantastic brother. Love him.

And Lizzie. She is so pretty. I love her shy, gorgeour smile and her thick, incredible hair. I love her sweetness--she just oozes sweet.

--kristin

Anonymous said...

Amy that made me cry. You have the sweetest family. You are truly a blessing in their lives. Joice