December 31st, 1962...this handsome little boy was born. This is my brother Joe, Joel David Temple. Dr. Joel David Temple to be exact. He is a pediatric cardiologist in Pennsylvania. I love him and am so proud of him.
I've been told that he was always so kind to us younger 4 girls, some of whom came along well into his teenage years. This picture of him giving shirtless Tracy and I a ride on his back is proof. I've always had a thing for Joe. Not a THING, but a thing. I've always thought he was just the coolest, and the most handsome thing I've ever seen. I compare everyone to him. You can ask my husband. I will see people on the TV, in the movies, on the street and comment on how they remind me of my brother. I guess that means I don't have enough of him in my life. I only get to see him every 2 years, unless something unexpected happens and we visit 2 summers in a row!
I crave time with Joe. I really do. I think all my sisters would say the same of our only brother. He is FUN! He'll make my mom wet her pants, faster than anyone else can. :) Just listening to him speak or watching his mannerisms makes me laugh. Maybe it's the anticipation of something funny right on the tip of his tongue.I value his opinion. His feedback on my photography, my children, me. I treasure it. He's said some very kind things to me. Compliments that I'm sure he's forgotten, but I haven't.
He and his gorgeous wife Thelma are raising 4 boys. They are beautiful, kind, smart boys. My boy adores them. :) He tries so hard to balance fatherhood, church callings and an extremely demanding job. I can only imagine how exhausted he is...constantly.
He is a hardcore cyclist. Road biking. He takes that thing everywhere with him. He loves BYU football. He is an amazing photographer. He is able to capture real life, candid shots, like I can only dream of doing. He loves the outdoors. He loves the Punkin' Chunkin" every fall. :) He is a wonderful trombone player...takes after my Dad. He's even in a band. I know...I'm related to a star!
I love him so much. I am so proud of him. I can't wait to be with him this summer! Fenwick 2010 or BUST! Happy Birthday Joe!



9 comments:
I always wanted a big brother, and you just confirmed that I missed out on something great! He sounds like a great guy.
Amy,once again you were able to say so well what we all feel. Joel is THE BEST !!What a great son he has always been.He was almost always a joy to us growing up, and still is.He makes me happy.
He is great! Well said
This is a great tribute to our wonderful brother. He makes me laugh like no one else can. I love when we have a chance to have a heart to heart. Love, love him.
He looks SO much like Uncle Joel! I think I hadn't noticed that. Hey, my little sister (I know, another one) is getting married. Maybe I'll see you in April!
P.S. Your Christmas card got returned to us today. I guess I have your old address still. What's the right one?
Joe my man - seriously if I could have hand selected a brother you would be it! You are wonderful in every way. I love you so much and hope you had the best birthday ever.
I've never really thought about it before but he was the lone brother with 7 sisters!! That is a recipe for a very special father and husband. So, I had a THING for Joe when I was about 4. Please tell me I'm not the only one whose ever had a crush on a cousin. Again, thanks for all your amazing posts.
Nope...there were years where I was all dreamy about Paul! Matt and I have had this coversation too. He loved Tracy. :) I guess we're all freaks!
What a great sister you are.
I love reading these birthday posts even if I don't know them.
Glad you have such a fantastic older brother. I always wanted one and I was so glad I had a boy (then another one) first.
--kristin
Post a Comment