1. She speaks. Well, Dave thinks she's trying to. To me it sounds like an Olympic weight lifter. She grunts and shouts. Loud. I'm going to be honest and tell you it is not cute. By the end of the day yesterday, after hearings hours and hours of grunting, I was done. And I told the kids. I was just letting her cry. Scream, actually. I was right at the edge of my sanity. The kids were wonderful though. They tried everything to calm her and make her (and thereby ME) happy. I love them. I hate when I'm in a place like that though. Took each one aside this morning to apologize. They think I'm wierd.
2. Her pointy little tongue is always sticking out. Like some little creature trying to taste the air. Cute...but wet. VERY wet. All the time. I'm not one of those moms who has a bib on her all day either. Generally before taking her out in public, I'll put on a dry shirt and slather her sweet little cheeks with baby lotion, to cover up any possible slobber smell.
3. She is sitting up really well. She just can't get herself up or down. So, if a toy rolls away, she'll grunt until someone comes and hands it back to her. She's doing the army crawl too. Yipee. Time to get a gate.
4. She smiles a lot too. And laughs. There is not much I love more than hearing her laugh. She kicks her legs wildly and flaps her arms. Completely out of control, but completely cute.
5. She's not a cuddler. :( Just like Miss Molly. Why didn't I get one? One that will sit on my lap, lean her head on my shoulder and melt into me. They do it when they have the flu, but I can't really wish for that.
6. She has a funny face that she does all the time. She pulls her bottom lip down, stretching out her face. Then she grunts. Another of her "not super adorable" traits. I have GOBS of pictures, but none that I'm willing to share here. :)
7. She is a doll baby. We love her. I love to watch my kids care for her and adore her. She has brought so much joy to our family. Yay for Margaret!
*Know something that has a really cool crinkly wrapper that babies love to play with? A tampon. She wanted to play with the phone on the bed today, but I wasn't having that. So, she grabbed a tampon. She loved it. I laughed...until she got it unwrapped and went to stick the thing in her mouth. Try it when you're in a pinch. You'll be amazed.



9 comments:
LOL about the tampon. Funny. Gavin still likes one every now and again. He knows where they are. Sad. What a cute baby. I love her - slobber and all!
I see that today wasn't the greatest. Too bad that we all have them. You were the "best" when it came to slobber and spit-up.Always wet in front...always.Plus you often smelled of vomit.Luckily this all passed and I don't even think about it until I read some of your thoughts on the subject.However,you were the sweetest baby ever. Always smiling,always into everything, always wonderful.
I LOVE it when you tell about times where you're pushed to the edge of your sanity. It makes me feel like I'm not alone! That baby is so dang cute! Hope we get to see her before she's all grown up!
Funny choice of baby toys! She's just beautiful. The tongue stinking out is charming.
-FringeGirl
Gavin is the slobber king...seriously, his slobber is everywhere. And he also likes to grunt, but his sounds nothing like speech...lol; he just sounds constipated. It is strange. I miss your pretty little Margie! Love ya!
hah. This is such a cute post. I love all of the little quirks that every kid has. Sorry that you were stressed today. :(
oh, and I love how Grandma tells everyone that you used to always smell like vomit. hehe
Great tip--that's awesome.
Fun details about your sweetie. She is a doll. Bet her tongue is the cutest.
Can't wait to spend my morning with this little girl. I may try the tampon thing out if she gets fussy :)
I thought I was the only one to put baby lotion on my kids to cover the spitup smell. I guess great minds think alike.
PS I know youre wierd. I'm surprised its taken your kids this long to figure it out!
Post a Comment