Thursday, December 4, 2008
sometimes you just KNOW...
Do you ever have those overwhelming moments where you KNOW what you have been taught is true? It's true. I am having one right now after listening to this amazingly moving song sung by a dear, dear friend of mine. My best friend in the whole world's father. He and his sweet wife have just left the MTC to serve in Africa. They are tender, kind, funny people who will touch so many lives. I got off the phone just minutes ago with another dear friend. We talked about everything. That kind of conversation you just don't have very often outside of church. Yet, the kind that you need. It is true...all of it. My children and my husband are mine...forever. There is hope. There is peace. That is what I KNOW at this moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Mm, I love this. Isn't it great KNOWING that is is true?! I love it. Every last piece of it..
Thanks for your comment - I just wanted to say that though I am not Mormon, and now that I have read a very detailed book on it and feel I have some albeit small grasp, I think that the idea of forever families is incredible and true, absolutely true. You have a beautiful faith!
Totally! Isn't it great? I don't know where I would be without it. I just love it!
Thanks for sharing your testimony Amy. I think my Dad's song was fantastic too. I listen to it daily. I posted it on facebook (many of my friends listened to it) and had the chance to talk to some high school non-member friends about what church I belong to and why my parents are on a mission. Music has power and can witness truth. One of my friends said that the song was beautiful and gave her goosebumps - I wanted to tell her - that was the Spirit. Another friend said she got weepy and spoke of the power of music - I did tell her that it was the spirit of the Lord testifying of the truth of his word. It was a great conversation and I'm glad this song has given me the opportunity to share a little bit of my testimony too. I love you Amy - I need to call you soon. (oh and do you think Elder Jackson, the piano player, will wait for Ainsley?)
You are wonderful !!! I too KNOW it is true and that it is real. Reenie and Jim will have a great mission...how could anyone not feel the spirit when they are around. I'm so glad you are back on your blog. I love it !!!!
I loved the song too....we are using it for FHE tonight! Reading their blog...and getting letters/pictures off in the mail to them. They are amazing people. Together, with your parents, they became our extended moms and dads in Delaware!
I'm so grateful for your testimony and example Amy. You are such an inspiration to me.
So a couple of days before you posted this, I was looking through your people and saw your link to your friends in Africa. I got curious and clicked on it. I was so moved--not even knowing these people--knowing this happens all the time--but seeing their home that they left to serve the Lord. In Africa. Wow. And now this song. Wow. Amazing. So glad for the Gospel. So glad for your testimony. So glad for you.
Amy, this blog is "unreal". Honestly, your true soul is revealed. I am so glad that you are my niece and that I can read and see and appreciate your artful methods of communication. I must show Uncle Paul. Yes, it is true. We will just keep marching forward to the sealing day, right?
Aunt Jane
Post a Comment