Our stake put on "A Night On Broadway" a few weeks ago. When my friend Jen and her kids decided our primary would do "Sieze the Day" from Newsies...I was sold. The kids practiced so hard. Even Molly memorized the whole bit. :) My dear friends Sharene and Kristin did the leading and accompaniment. They had actions (not quite a dance...but actions). They sang REALLY loud, and a little off-key, but I loved it. So much. Every time I watched them practice, I would get teary. I don't know why...other than that they were so passionate about it, and so unbelieveably cute. Alex and his best pal Jon weren't too sure of the whole singing/dancing thing at first. Until they watched the movie. You can actually sing AND dance, and be cool all at the same time. Like Troy Bolton.
Performance night was almost too cute for me to cope with. They were excited beyond excited. They were ready and standing in their positions off-stage for 30 minutes before the show. They were nervous, jittery, anxious, thrilled. It went off with out a hitch. I was so proud of them. The audience loved it. I hope they can remember all the cheering for a long, long time to come.



13 comments:
They are so cute! I love reading about your family from the other side of the world - your passion and flair for motherhood is so inspiring and it inspired me to post about it on my blog read a book about Mormonism.
Please keep blogging and thanks! :)
how cute could your kids be, seriously. i wish i could have been there to see it! did you video it? i want to see the video.
Can I say that I have never heard of "newsies" without being boo'd at? I'm curious now...need to know! The kids look great...costumes are amazing.
It's a bit High School Musical if you're down with that. :) Same guy did them...Kenny Ortega I think. ENJOY!
hey are you pregnant? you said on your photo blog that you are feeling queesy? Love the pictures they're really great! I'm so jealous that you got a red head!
Um yeah...#5. Heaven help me. :) I'm about 14 weeks. Just BARELY starting to feel a bit better.
Too cute. I was sad I missed it!
They all look so stinkin cute!! I love newsies anyway and there is nothing better that cute kids singing and dancing.
I just watched "Newsies" again a few weeks ago (it was on Demand). What a great show! Your kids look so cute, and I bet they had so much fun!
Oh...I am going to have to watch with Kaia. Sounds like we will both love it!
Ummm . . . you got some great pics!! Can I steal a couple??
I love Newsies also I bet that was so cute!
I'm so glad that I got to see their practice. It was soo cute!!
Post a Comment