I bought her a new pair of slippers (I know...I said I'd never go back)...I had her totally reined in! Slippers come connected. I don't carry scissors in my purse. SO...Molly's feet...also connected. I will now be marketing elastic straps you can throw in your purse, then during your most frustrating shopping experience, tie your kids shoes together. She tried to get away from me for a second at the store. Her stride was only about 6 inches. She almost lost her balance, and I laughed. Oh man, I love her so much.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
my solution...
to the Wal-Mart tantrums. The kind where your 2 year old climbs back and forth in the cart, you worry she'll break her neck so you get her out and she runs away screaming.

I bought her a new pair of slippers (I know...I said I'd never go back)...I had her totally reined in! Slippers come connected. I don't carry scissors in my purse. SO...Molly's feet...also connected. I will now be marketing elastic straps you can throw in your purse, then during your most frustrating shopping experience, tie your kids shoes together. She tried to get away from me for a second at the store. Her stride was only about 6 inches. She almost lost her balance, and I laughed. Oh man, I love her so much.
I bought her a new pair of slippers (I know...I said I'd never go back)...I had her totally reined in! Slippers come connected. I don't carry scissors in my purse. SO...Molly's feet...also connected. I will now be marketing elastic straps you can throw in your purse, then during your most frustrating shopping experience, tie your kids shoes together. She tried to get away from me for a second at the store. Her stride was only about 6 inches. She almost lost her balance, and I laughed. Oh man, I love her so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
So, what a great idea . . . but I don't know if you could get away with marketing something like that . . . might be considered child abuse (lol). It made me think of hobbling a horse so they can't get away. But, you've gotta do what you've gotta do . . .
I love how those parenting books tell you to never buy your kids stuff at the store to keep them quiet. They either have never had children or have completely forgotten what it's like! If slippers does the trick, it's totally worth the $$. A big package of M&Ms is the ticket for Ethan. :)
NICE WORK!
Amy,
Thanks for the kind words. The vocal link is up now...sorry.
Africa is awesome and the people are soooo in need. That's why the lord sent us here.
Keep reading and we'll keep posting. Lots to tell. Also,
Brinn had her baby yesterday...or was it Tuesday? Girl-Camilla Ann
Later Elder V
I think I would buy one!! (the plastic contraption to limit their step-I could use it on Cort every once in a while)
hahahha, Amy you are too funny! I bet Molly tripped a few times with her feet tightly pulled together!
I love your solution. I've been looking for one. Shopping with kids is so hard. Next shopping trip, rubberbands are going in my purse!!
good idea!
You could always drop cute little molly off at my house to play with Brady and get to relax while shopping. Give me a ring. Brady would love that!!
you honestly made us laugh out loud. I can just picture Molly with three inch steps. Dad said,"does she take her camera EVERYWHERE?" I told him you probably took it when you got home,but who knows?
Must say this should go down in history as the most creative way to keep close close... LOVE IT!!!!! I think this is one of the most hilarious ideas known to man...go team slippers!! p.s. I wasn't joking when I said these should be her 'special' shopping shoes, that she wear each time with them still attached of course. :) LOVE IT!
hehe. Yeah, that would work with my boys for all of 10 seconds. Ha!
Post a Comment