Friday, December 12, 2008

some good stuff...

Saw this on another blog this morning. Love that Jason Mraz. His voice, his silly bobbing head, all of it.



So Dave and I finally got a date last night! Thanks Christy. :) It's probably been 6 months. So very sad. I love when we can go out. It makes me happy to be with him. We ate a Christmas dinner with Grandma Bird at her rest home first. It was lovely. I wish you all could know this woman. I'm pretty convinced I knew her before we ever even got here. I love her so much. After dinner we went to see this:



I have to say...it was as good as all the hype. It really was. I would highly recommend it. It is almost 3 hours long, but doesn't feel like it. Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman were amazing, but little Nullah...you won't forget him. It was a great night!

Now is the time when I start to itch a little to open my presents. We've gotten a package from my parents and my sister Lisa. The gifts are calling my name. I generally open everything before the big day. I just can't handle it. I'm going to give it everything I've got this year though. Wish me luck. :)

9 comments:

{Erica} said...

pretty jealous that you saw that movie....I've been trying to find a time where we can spare 3 hours to go and see...I'll probably end up seeing it while we're in utah and have a plethora of baby sitters to choose from :)

Isn't that song awesome?!!

Kristin said...

I haven't heard of the movie--SO glad you got a date!! You deserve it. Both of you.

mj said...

The movie looks great. Do you think Dad would like it?

brittany said...

i love that you got your date night! it sounds wonderful.

Ryan + Jess said...

I'm the same with Christmas presents and I can't keep anything a secret, so Ryan usually knows what he is getting well before Christmas. So silly!

trudihyer said...

Hey, I want to see that movie!! Maybe over the holiday Matt and I can sneak away. It sure was fun to see you at Grandma's dinner. I took my camera and forgot to even get it out. Wish I had a pic of it. We miss seeing your family more often.

trudihyer said...

Hey, I want to see that movie!! Maybe over the holiday Matt and I can sneak away. It sure was fun to see you at Grandma's dinner. I took my camera and forgot to even get it out. Wish I had a pic of it. We miss seeing your family more often.

Marianne said...

I love Jason Mraz. Does he have a Christmas album? If not, he needs to make one.

Lady said...

Glad you enjoyed your night out. I'll have to check out that movie when my hubby gets home. LOVE HUGH!!