Right now I am grateful for this little relationship. Lizzy and Molly. It seems to get stronger as time goes by. Molly adores Elizabeth. I think in her little 2 year old mind, they are best friends. Molly now gets locked in her room at night. She knocks in the morning when she's ready to come out. Don't think less of me. Before that, she was waking up every night (we don't even know what time), going downstairs and climbing in bed with Lizzy. Lizzy would just move over and let her stay. Every morning when the kids go to school, Lizzy kisses Molly. If she forgets or is running late, Molly cries...alot. When the kids come home from school, Molly squeals her name. She wants to show Lizzy her drawings, tell her about her day. And Lizzy listens. Lizzy protects her. She plays with her. She gives her loads of attention, and I love it.
I know I talk about it alot, but Elizabeth is a gentle angel. She is easy going, easy to please. She is always the last to choose a popsicle, a lolipop, a candy. She'll take whatever flavor is left. She'll even trade with someone if they decide to change their mind. She's always the last one out of the car. Emily and Alex generally push past her, and she doesn't care. She doesn't get heard as much around here because she is so quiet, she allows herself to be interrupted. When we sit as a family to read together or watch a movie, the others quickly plop themselves next to me on the couch, while Lizzy sits across the room. They'll cry if she takes one of those spots, so she moves. It is SO HARD to balance your kids. To make sure that each one gets what they need. I'm not even quite sure how to do it. I'm going to go give her a kiss.



16 comments:
I love sisters! Your girls are so cute together. Congrats on being pregnant! By the way, we all loved our pictures you did!
Awww, that is just so so beautiful! What a gorgeous family you have. This post just warms me to the core! Precious!
Thank you so much for the comment about my Dad - I just caught it yesterday (sorry I didn't acknowledge it straight away) and I was really moved by what you said, learning that our parents aren't perfect, and loving them all the more for it. I just wanted to let you know that I truly appreciate the wisdom and insight. As an only child, I don't know how parents give each child what he/she needs (my parents couldn't imagine it either, they told me) but I think that your children are blessed to have such wonderful parents, and to have each other and their faith. That is the best start in life imaginable I think.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
PS: Quick question: do you print your posts and file them away? I ask because they are so gorgeous and would make such a beautiful compilation of your children's childhood to hold and keep.
Beautifully said. Your children are wonderful, love each one... looking forward to loving the next one too.
you have the best kids, you always have, i love that you documented their relationship and how truly wonderful lizzy is.
You have been makin me teary eyed lately. If you figure that one out let me know for sure.
tyhis is so sweet. I too got teary eyed. Sweet, gentle, patient Lizzy. She is a blessing.
I love your Lizzy. The other night, on my doorstep, tore my heart out. I was upset I hadn't gotten to the door sooner--that she was so terrified. I know you were there. I hope it doesn't sound like I am stepping on toes. But I wanted to sweep her up and hold her too--till her daddy chased the mean doggy away. She is so tender and kind. She is a special girl.
It's so true.. Lizzy is such a sweetheart. She adds such a good balance to your family. What a sweet, but hilarious young girl. Love her so much.
amy, you take such beautiful photos.. and your daughters are so beautiful it makes it that much easier.
I hope my daughters are protective and loving with eachother.
Britt said you were expecting.. congratulations!
Congrats! I hope your next munchkin is as beautiful as the last! Hey send me an email with your address in it so I can send you a christmas card.
thesnowsonline@gmail.com
I'm a little slow sometimes.
that's just so precious. I hope one day makeila will have the opportunity to have a special bond with a little sister. =)
so precious! What a blessing! Gorgeous pictures as usual!
So cute. What a nice Lizzy girl.
You are able to put into words what many of us feel but can't really explain. Lizzy really is a very special girl.She will make a wonderful Mother,with her loving kind ways.
I used to have a little girl just like Lizzy....then she turned 11! And opened her mouth!
She does actually still possess a lot of those qualities and shares them with us from time to time!
Post a Comment