Monday, June 27, 2011

we're the dancers...

The bride and groom...Christina and Andrew Zimmerman. WOOHOO! This was such a beautiful wedding and reception. I have many posts still to come. :) For now, let's focus on all these sweet dance moves.

We knew Christy and Andrew were going to have a dance floor at their reception. My sisters and I can all get timid about these things. We committed to eachother that we would WATCH the dancing, but not make fools of ourselves and participate. Whelp, as soon as I heard the beat, I lost all control. I'd venture to say that I made a sweaty fool of myself, but I just don't really care. I had SO much fun! My nieces were feeling it too. Elsie is dipping Charlotte right here.

My brother in law, Tony. He is a blast. He always has been. He was such a proud, handsome father that day.

My sister Lisa and her man, Tony. Mother and father of the bride. They were both so happy. At the temple, at the reception. All day. It makes me teary thinking about them and their proud, emotional faces. They are dancing in a competition right here, the kind where the DJ asks how long you've been married, and eliminates you as the years get higher. Lisa and Tony almost won...

but they couldn't beat these 2! My sweet mom and dad. 53 years. Isn't that amazing? I can remember them dancing like this a lot when I was younger. Dad would turn on music in the den and twirl her around. They loved it...and it made me sick. Doesn't everything make you sick when you're 15? Now I love it. They love eachother...there is never any doubt about that.



The WINNERS! Woot!



Dad was feeling it. So was my niece Annie. She was my girl. We'd copy eachother's moves. The spectators were jealous. I know they were. We'll put together an instructional video.


What? What?


See, nobody can resist. My sisters even got it going. They knew they couldn't look any more ridiculous than me. I seriously had the time of my life at that reception...the "kidless" time of my life!

9 comments:

Christina & Andrew said...

Hahahaha we sure did have soe dance moves! I LOVED looking over and seeing all of you tearing up the dance floor!

Tara said...

You cant help it, its part of being a little bit gangst:) cant fight the diggity!!

michelledoodads said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I really love to dance. People make fun of me all the time, but I don't care how silly I look!

MommyMert said...

Smiled through this whole blog! It made me very happy. Glad you enjoyed it.

Lisa said...

Seriously Amy, I want a copy of your instructional video... Love you and am so glad you just don't care when it comes to shaking your groove thing!

Lisa said...

And I love, love, love the pictures of Andrew and Christy dancing in the grass!

Rachel said...

Can you hold an instructional 'Amy Dance Revolution' night? I think we need one of those. ;) I'll make sure to wear my big diaper 'cause I'm sure I'll be wetting. my. pants!

mj said...

Great post,dancing girl !!It really was so much fun....so,so happy that you could be there.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are awesome. Looks like a very great time. Makes me want to get up and dance~
--k