Just a quick picture of the yard sale to end all yard sales. I'm sure you are SO sorry you missed it. I'm also sure there will be many more this summer, complete with near boiling Crystal Light. Look at my cute friend who came with her 2 kids in tow. Lots of my friends came. See, that is why I love them so much. They love me, so they love my kids. It's a big, fat, neighborhood of love.
Friday, June 24, 2011
8:20...
I slept in until 8:20 this morning. I didn't run today, and I just don't care. I ran my fastest 5 miles ever yesterday with Tara and Kami and I was wiped out...40:23 in case you were wondering. :) They say you can't really catch up on missed sleep, but I think I did this morning. Usually on friday, I would get up at 4:45a, get ready as fast as possible and drive to AF with Tara for Nikki's spin class. I just didn't have it in me this morning. Then I thought I'd get up at 7 and run a few miles by myself. Didn't have that in me either. I have been ridiculously sleep deprived for the past few weeks. I don't think I've gotten more than 6 hours a night since May. DE was the worst, waking up at 6-6:30a every day...which, for the record is 4-4:30a Utah time. Anyhow, sleeping in totally rejuvinated me today.
I am now 38 years old. No biggie. Just another year. My birthday was pretty great though. Hectic but great. Started with a 6 am run. I came home and found a 32 oz. Diet Coke on the counter with 3 Dunford donuts and a sweet note from my Dave. As I was swigging my drink, I heard a knock at the door. It was Tara with another DC and another donut. Heaven, people.
My kids wanted me to sit and open my presents really fast before I showered and started my day. They were REALLY cute about it. Sat right up on the edge of the couch. I recognized a lot of stuff from the "yard sale" the day before. I thought it was so cute that they had thought of me. I told them how much I appreciated them spending some of their yard sale $ on me. Emily said,"Well.....we didn't have to spend our money on it. It's the stuff that didn't sell." Oh WOW, thank you! I laughed so hard, and treasured every single bit of junk they had wrapped for me.
Tara took me to lunch at Magelby's Fresh. FABULOUS. It was so great to have child care set up for me, and to be taken out of my home to enjoy a quiet meal. I really do have other t-shirts besides that blue one. Anyhow, I want all of my friends and family to know how much I love them. How important and special they made me feel on June 22nd. Texts, emails, phone calls, messages, facebook notes, deliveries to my door. I LOVE these people. I feel like I have been blessed with a crazy amount of wonderful people in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Happy Birthday! Donuts and diet cokes. Yay!
What a fab birthday...I wish I would've been around to contribute something to it. :( You are so great and I love you to pieces. And, by the way, tell that 'cute friend' of yours that her backside is not so cute and has ruined any chance of a cute picture! ;) Just sayin'!
Yay - happy birthday! You are such a great friend and I'm glad you had an awesome day. You deserve it. I love the picture of you and Tara!
Post a Comment