Monday, June 6, 2011

go jump in a lake, CF!

Saturday was the annual CF walk/fundraiser. CF = Cystic Fibrosis. Jordan has CF. He's 13 and is the son of my sweet, wonderful friend Tess. I remember when he was diagnosed like it was yesterday. It was a scary, sad time. Tess & Jared have kept right on marching. Breathing treatments, the "special" vest, terrifying hospital stays. I love them and think they are the perfect set of parents for Jordy. We walk to raise money for CF research. C'mon now, people...find a cure, please.


We were able to reunite with so many friends from Grandview. Friends that we almost never see, but love so much. We seem to jump right back to where we were when we moved 5 years ago. I had my 1st 4 children in that ward. I love those people like my family. People like Paul Bouchard...or the local Santy Claus. Not sure how Molly scored this ride. Oh yeah...because Paul is awesome!


Jordan organized this years walk for his Eagle project. Yup...he's 13 and will soon be an Eagle Scout. He is a WONDERFUL kid.


Libby Bouchard. These 3 girls ran to each other across the grass. They make me want to cry. I love Libby's mom SO much, so these girls loving each other just sends me over the moon.


Brooke (yeah, Disneyland Brooke), fancying up my Molly.




Margaret couldn't get enough of this ice. Dave would tip the stroller, then just leave her there. You know what though? She was in her stroller for 3 straight hours with no complaints, so whatever floats her boat.


My favorite. Hunter...another Disney pal. SUCH a great boy.



Go Schofield's! Clegg's for the cure!

4 comments:

mj said...

Amy, this post was so positive,but it made me all teary. Love the way your family does these things together.

Jess said...

I am SO sad I missed that. I love the CF walk, and love the Clegg fam. Such sweet, amazing people. I'm so glad you went to support!!

Kris Tina said...

Frank DeFord wrote this amazing book about losing his child to CF - I read it when I was in junior high and ever since then I've just admired those that suffer with CF so much. What a great event!

Michelle said...

Looks like such a happy day! I'm grateful for fun memorie like this, even though I know it's because someone is suffering. It's the brighter side!