Sunday, May 29, 2011

a special day for margaret...

My sweet baby turned 2 today. I have WAY too many pictures in this post, but I just can't help myself. She's my baby and she's cute. :)


We were "dadless" for most of the day. Church duty for Dave. I hate these Sundays. I take that back. I don't hate them. I'm actually getting pretty good at getting it all done by myself, I just wish he were around for mornings like this. Margaret woke up to balloons. Before she left her room though, she needed her shoes and her jacket (jack).


After church, we went directly to the backyard to try and grab some pictures before naptime. Let me just tell you, Margaret and pictures don't mix. She makes me crazy. She won't look at me. She runs away. She knows exactly what I want her to do, but she's showing me, like I LOVE to be shown, that I am not the boss.


So, she wasn't having the whole balloon/fence business, so I tied them to a chair and she went to swing. While she was swinging, we turned and saw this...


NOOOOOOOO! I hadn't even taken any yet. You KNOW how I love my balloon pictures every single birthday. It was totally my fault. I didn't tie them tight enough. After I calmed myself and took some really deep breaths, I realized it wasn't the end of the world. Almost, but not quite. I would just go buy more tomorrow and try again. I won't tell you how close I came to getting more right then, but knew the whole Sabbath thing could be an issue with my kids.


Oh my goodness. Seriously? This is why I take so many pictures. I don't want to miss anything so amazing.


She wanted nothing to do with her party hat either. Boo.


Oh yay! Folded paper from Molly! She actually loved it though. Or at least she acted like she did.


OK...so once I realized the balloon thing wasn't going to happen, we improvised. I sent Alex to the basement to grab the party hats and he came back up with 2 punch balloons. Hey, those just might work! You know what? They did the job. I no longer felt the anxiety of getting to the store for 6 more overpriced balloons.




I'm telling you, she won't look at me. As a matter of fact, she looks the opposite direction.




She LOOKS away, then she RUNS away. At least you can see the back of her hair here. I curled it as I was frantically trying to get 6 of us ready for church. It was pretty darn cute.


She totally came up with this pose on her own. I kid you not.


Opening her first of 2 "singamajigs". Can you tell how happy she was?


Dinner prayer.


Spaghetti (her favorite) with her box of goldfish dumped on top. Mmmm.




A phone call from her cousin Christy!




I love this. She won't touch the cake with her hands. Too messy. She wanted a spoon. What kid won't eat with their hands?


I love this baby so much. I remember when Dave and I were first discussing having a 5th baby. He was worried about it. Mostly worried for ME. He knows I stress. He knows I get anxious. He worried it just might kill me. Some days it almost does. But other days...oh man, on those other days...I wonder how we ever lived without this beautiful girl in our lives.


Love you Margaret! Happy birthday!!!

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday sweet Margaret. She is so beautiful. I am sorry about the balloons floating in the sky, but the ones you found worked. I love her dress and her shoes and her beautiful hair. I love her praying and eating her cake with her spoon. I love her running away and looking away. And that tender moment with Alex on the swing. What a great day.

Vanessa said...

Yummy post - I think she looks a lot like Dave and Alex! What a cutie she is! :) Happy Birthday Margaret!

MommyMert said...

So so beautiful! Way to go on keeping it together with the balloons. :) She is her own little determined person and I love it. Love the curls. Oh man I do. I love her little excited smile and face. Happy Birthday Miss M. :)

Rachel said...

There are so many I love. Her self-posed birthday pic (man, I love this one!), her excitement on the couch with bubbles, her praying...all are so so priceless. I didn't know it was her birthday yesterday but now I seem to remember some balloons in the van as I was driving away from your house Saturday...and those punch bags worked just as well! :) Happy Birthday, Margie...I could eat. you. up!

mj said...

Love,love,love these !!!! Margaret is sooo cute even if she doesn't want to look at you. I agree with Kristin....I love it all.Walmart is calling.

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for all of these great photos. I'd be taking lots too of that sweet girl. Did our singing scare her yesterday? We love you all.

Lisa said...

And....hearing about her just makes me laugh and I love to laugh. So thanks for that too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Seriously I don't like that I am slowly slipping into the category of the forgetful aunt...:( I always took pride in remembering bdays. Margaret, will you forgive me? Looking at these adorable pictures made me feel like I was right there celebrating along with your wonderful family. We love you so much. aunt laura and gang

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures! I especially love her intense eating face :) She is so very adorable!

Christina & Andrew said...

This makes me miss her SO much. She is such a gorgeous, loveable little girl...

Melissa Yergensen said...

Every single one of these pictures are GORGEOUS! She is the cutest little bug ever!!!

Sharene said...

Oh I just want to eat her up. She is so adorable. I love everything Kristin said, especially her not eating with her hands and prefering a spoon. That is too cute! Happy birthday Margaret.