Monday, May 23, 2011

the good stuff...

I told you she liked pickles.

She really, really likes them. She claps while she chews.


My kids are wierd. They don't eat much. What they DO eat, is totally strange. I've done a food post before, years ago, but things have changed. I need to document what they like. No one is digging pizza right now. We go to Little C's pretty regularly, but now we just get 4 orders of breadsticks and call it dinner. Have you had those things?! Why are they so freaking delicious to me? I'm not sure about the calorie count, and I'm not going to try and find out either. We put some lettuce beside them on the plate and feel really good about it. By the way, my kids call lettuce salad. I have corrected Lizzy at least a dozen times.


They all like hot sauce. On everything. They like all things hot. Orange chicken from Panda Express (which Dave can make even better than they can). Jalapeno jelly. Radishes. My wasabi almonds. Slim Jims. Maybe the "hot" drowns out flavors they don't like, I don't know.


They love candy. REALLY love it. They are into these things we found at Macey's called HI CHEWS. They are pretty great. I love them too and now know to hide them when I buy some.


I kind of can't stop eating cinnamon raisin bread. It reminds me of my grandparents beach house in Seaside Heights NJ. I'm pretty sure we ate it there a lot. I could be wrong. Who cares. It makes me think of Grandy and Grampy. I love them and I miss them.


As much as the kids love candy, they love fruits and veggies more. Isn't that crazy?? They especially love when I roast stuff. Our thing right now is kale chips. Yeah, kale. Rinse it, tear it up into small pieces, spray some olive oil on it, and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. They come out crispy and salty and delicious. The 3 big kids devour it. And it leaves nice green chunks in your teeth. Roasted asparagus is gone before I can even THINK about saving a few for Dave. Fish...they love it. Jicama...love.


Why do they have to make chips and candy so easy?

3 comments:

London said...

Love this. Pickled carrots are something I still like to this very day, but Gran'ma still has to teach me how to make them.

Kris Tina said...

I had a witty comment but now all I can think of is crazy bread. Crazy bread. Crazy bread.

jensenfamily said...

love it - especially the lettuce next to the breadsticks, that is my kind of dinner!! fun to catch up~ erin
ps-my friend just organized an israel reunion at her cabin with some of her "Favorites" I would LOVE to do that....someday - i'll put it on my bucket list:) erin