Thursday, March 3, 2011

you know who this is, right?

A few years ago, Emily was talking to Elizabeth about money. They were probably 5. She said, with SO much passion, " I LOVE Himmerhain Lincoln! He's like my favorite prophet." Good old Honest Himmerhain. Anyhow, a few days ago, Alex decided he wanted to draw Abraham. I think he is so amazing. Do I say that too often? I don't think so.
Elizabeth gave it a whirl. Alex really wanted her to sit and draw by him. Her first attempt made her cry. She was discouraged. She wrinkled it up and threw it away. For her second attempt, she traced the outline of his head. I think it turned out great. She has a lot of attention to detail, like Alex. She takes her time and gets it right. At least as "right" as she can. Emily won't even try. She's cute about it, always telling Alex and Lizzy how wonderful they are.

Someone else thought she'd give it a go. One guess who. She was NOT pleased. It was also found shriveled up on the ground with her in the corner crying that she would never be as good as Alex. She rated the 3 pictures...hers was the BADIST. I need to teach these cute little people that all you can do is all you can do. Maybe people aren't Molly's thing.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex is amazing.

Lizzy too. I think it is sweet how she follows in his footsteps. Those are some great ones to follow.

And sweet Molly. Love her. I think it was pretty darn good -- for someone her age, especially.

--kristin

Anonymous said...

Got a pretty good chuckle over that Himmerhain.

And how cool that Emily is so supportive of her siblings' talents.

Love them all.

--k

Michelle said...

She'll figure it out. Boy it's hard to keep kids on positive self esteem tracks. I guess adults aren't much better: I wish I could play the piano like Sherri Libutti, but I can't ...maybe someday, if I practice as much as her.

Tami Anderson said...

Those need to be framed side by side in a three-matted panoramic frame. It would look so awesome. Terry (my boyfriend) framed some rams in a very similar frame and it looks amazing.

I'm serious. Go to Michaels and get one. If you don't, I will!

AprilA said...

I agree w/ Tami! I think the first two are AMAZING, but my favorite is Molly's. It's extremely creative and artistic. And she's 4. Hello...have you see a Picasso? Looks pretty much like that. That one would be your money maker. GO, Molly!

Kris Tina said...

Perhaps Alex can earn some scout camp money by sitting on the corner and doing sketches of people. I would totally pay him to sketch me and Greg. Totally.

Rachel said...

Oh, how I love Abraham Lincoln. Awesome Alex. Awesome Lizzy. Awesome Molly. All in your own unique little ways.

sarahandmatt said...

I love all three, but I've got to say that I love Molly's the best! It is beautiful and unique. Joel would love those drawings. Mostly because he's obsessed with money, though...

mj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mj said...

Wow, wow, wow!! What a talented bunch! Molly's seriously looks like modern art.It is great that each has his(or her) own talents, but so very hard to explain.

laurag said...

WOW. What a gift they both have. Alex should feel so honored Lizzy wants to follow in his footsteps. Awesome work guys!! Molly's too. :)

The Snow Queen said...

Tell Molly hers looks like a Picasso, and his painting sell for millions of dollars each!