Thursday, March 31, 2011

8 eyes...

So, it happened. Lizzy got glasses. She told her teacher the other day that she wanted glasses so she could be more like Emily. Don't worry, I didn't just buy them for her. Her eyes really aren't great. She's been having headaches from straining. Poor kids...they are taking after their mother. Lizzy was thrilled though. Thrilled. They have been asking me for weeks to go get their eyes checked and order the glasses. But...we had to wait until the 27th for Emily to be eligible for her new pair. They broke just weeks after the one year warranty, and a months before new ones would be covered. They have been held together by a fat ball of hot glue.

Here is Elizabeth yesterday, waiting for her chance to finally try them on. I need to remember just how excited she was. I had gotten a message earlier that they had arrived and we could come pick them up. As soon as the girls walked in the door from school, I told them it was time to go. :) Lizzy said, "I TOLD you Emily! I told you it could be today...that we might walk in the door and Mom might say...Your glasses are ready". They were giddy. Crazy. It was pretty darn cute.

I've told some of you my concerns already, but I'll mention them again. Glasses change their face. It is a whole new child that I have to get used to. I know I will. And I know I'll love it. Alex and Emily are dreamy in their glasses and Elizabeth is too. Sad to say goodbye to that sweet glasses-free face though. Contacts are still a few years out.


I told Elizabeth that a few kids at school may tease her when they see her new look. I also told her to remember just how beautiful she looks and not to worry about any comments. Emily has since taught her how to care for them, where to keep them. Oh my goodness, they are so pretty.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I love them. So cute. I want a new pair of glasses...it's so nice to have them, even when you wear contacts. I think you're kids are ADORABLE with glasses.

Kris Tina said...

Oh they both have made such stylish choices when it comes to glasses. I love it!

Lisa said...

She looks darling just like your other kids. Really cute.

AprilA said...

I so heart those girls. :) They look adorable! They are both SO pretty. I can see what you mean about changing their faces, though. I remember being excited about my glasses at 13 or so and SO SO SO excited when I didn't need them anymore at 34.

joice said...

Those girls are so beautiful. I love there glasses they look very cute in them. Loved seeing you running you look fabulous. joice

Kristin said...

They are very pretty. And I like their glasses too. I think they look even more alike with them on. I think it is so sweet she was so excited about the whole affair. Ally was excited to get glasses (to be like Emily I think) and Jonathan was bummed he couldn't get any yet (to be like Alex).

It's interesting you said that about how glasses change their faces. I thought the same thing with all my kids--especially the first time around with Cortney getting them. I love your insights into things.

michelledoodads said...

They are beautiful girls. I love that they are happy about their glasses.