Monday, February 14, 2011

unloading...

So, I had a crap day. I just couldn't get a grip. I was overwhelmed, frustrated with my baby, short with everybody. Days like this come along every once in awhile. I know tomorrow will be better. I'm banking on it. I started to soften around dinner time (which was 7 pm by the way...WAY too late). I had a very distinct feeling that I was not giving my children enough of ME. Happy me. Not flustered, tired, worn out me. I decided that I needed individual time with each child, every day. I'm not sure how it will pan out, this great idea of mine, but I know that it needed to happen tonight. It needed to happen for one of my sweet little people. One of them had been carrying around a burden for awhile. Something they had done wrong a year ago. Something that was worrying them. When I lay down next to them, I asked if they wanted to talk about their valentines, and this little angel started crying and telling me they wanted to talk about something different. Then they put it all out there. We hugged, talked about repentance and how wonderful it feels to get something like that off your chest. We talked about what to do to fix it. Then this little someone said a prayer. They prayed for good dreams and that they would not cry any more about sinning. Oh my goodness, I was a mess. I love moments like this. THIS is why I am a mom. I love them so much. I love to lead and guide them. I love to teach them gospel truths. What a rewarding night at the end of a terribly rotten day.

5 comments:

Christina & Andrew said...

This makes me so happy.. so glad you were able to fight through that mood so you could experience this moment with one of your sweeties <3

Kristin said...

Amy--what a sweet moment. Such an example of why we do this. Thanks for sharing this. You are wonderful. So is your sweet little one.

Rachel said...

I'm grateful for this reminder of why us moms really DO matter. Love it. Love you.

Kris Tina said...

Oh I can just imagine this whole scene. So so so so sweet.

mj said...

Sweet,sweet little one. Isn't repentance wonderful? Ilove to hear about the special,wonderful experiences you are having. It makes me feel not quite so far away.