Tuesday, February 1, 2011

our day to day...

1. Alex got some sort of award at scouts the other night. I don't really remember what it was for. I DO know that he turns 12 in 6 weeks. 6 weeks, people! My son is going to be 12, receiving the priesthood and all that entails. I love him so much. He is funny, and talented, and good. I hope he will be a great addition to the YM program. He'll be going with me on Tuesday nights. SO wierd.

2. Molly is a letter writer. She is amazing. I'll bet most of you reading this have gotten one. She really is bright. She sounds things out, rarely asking for help, and gets pretty darn close. Close enough that WE can sound it out. :) She makes things for people ALL the time. I've got a treasure on my pillow as we speak.

3. Lizzy and Emily are dream girls. They come home from school and go straight to the kitchen table to do their homework. I never have to ask. They cry if they leave an assignment at school. They are pleasers. They do whatever I ask. I've noticed that I don't always do what THEY ask, though. Not that I need to, but when they ask for a piece of gum...and I say no, for no good reason, I rethink things. Margaret wouldn't give me ANY space yesterday. She was on me, hurting me all day long. Lizzy saw how frustrated I was and took her away. She played with her and distracted her. I was so grateful.

4. Margaret is still thinking about talking. She says a lot of "yeah" and "no" and "uh-oh". She'll say please (actually "peas") with the cutest little lisp you've ever seen. She wants to do stuff by herself. Her buckles, her shoes, wipe her dirty bum. I'm not a fan. Still funny as can be. She really is. And good grief...she is cute! Her hair is getting longer. She's getting tall. Can't wait to see what she turns in to.

5. Dave is awesome. Works so hard, every day. He loves his kids and me so much (so much, he'll watch the Bachelor with me). What a great dad. Great cook. Great support. He supports my running at crazy hours, and listens to all my worries and concers about my development as a runner. I love him for it.

6. I am plugging along. I love my family and friends. I love my calling. I love to run. My bursitis is back in my left knee, which worries me...A LOT. I'll stay off it for a bit and hope and pray that it gets better so I can start training for my May marathon.

Schofield life is pretty darn awesome!

8 comments:

Kris Tina said...

Goodness - a day in the life of a Schofield. Pretty darn fantastic-o. P.S. Molly in her princess dress at primary = awesome.

P.P.S. Your 1,000 comments on my blog made me feel extra popular today. Gracias.

mj said...

What a fantastic family. I really can't believe how much they help with the younger ones. When Molly was newborn they did so much for her, but I was afraid the thrill would pass. It never did.....and now they are the same with Margaret. You are so blessed. Hope your knee gets better SOON.

Kristin said...

So happy I checked before jumping off the internet. You really are so blessed with your kids. They are terrific. Which is one of many reasons I am so grateful they are friends with my kids. They are great examples of goodness. And it makes me happy. ANd I love them.

I hadn't even thought about Alex going with you on TUesday nights--that is a crazy thought.

I am really, really hoping your knee gets better quick. keep us updated.

Rachel said...

I can't tell you how much I love that picture of the three of you....SO MUCH. You really do have such a great family...how blessed am I that I know the Schofields!!!????

Lisa said...

What a great catch up post for us to see a day in the life of the Schofields. Crazy that Alex will be 12 soon!! But he is such a great kid. Love you all.

Greg said...

Whomever took that photo was a real pro!

emlizalmo said...

Totally! It's framable. What you were able to do in an LDS meeting house multi-purpose room...amazing.

Christina & Andrew said...

Such a wonderful group of 7 people.. Wow, Alex will be 12!! That is awesome :) Call me soon? I miss you.