Thursday, February 3, 2011

sibart & some smudges...

This is Alex's latest drawing. I put it on the sidebar, but thought it deserved a tiny bit more attention. I was next to him in sacrament meeting last Sunday when the first eye came to be. He drew it, didn't trace it, with no picture in front of him. I think the picture is very similar to one he saw in Leven Thumps. He creates things like this. From memory. It is amazing to me. HE is amazing. He sees things differently than most of the world. He sees textures, shadows and light. He sees tiny, tiny details. I watch his hand move across the paper, wondering what I am about to see. His pictures sometimes look almost like photographs to me. What a gift. He writes stories too. He is so brilliant with his words. You can hear, see, smell, feel what he is describing. He loves to read, so bases his stories on others that he's enjoyed. I'm sure he could write #8 to the Harry Potter series...and we'd all love it!

8 comments:

mj said...

This young man is sooooo talented !!! I can't believe he didn't even have a picture to copy. WOW is all I can say.

MommyMert said...

W.O.W.

Thought about putting him is special classes for art?

jamie said...

This is awesome!! Alex is awesome!!

Rachel said...

That is so incredible. He reminds me so much of my brother, Amy...SO SO talented. I think he'll do some pretty great things...sounds like he could write and illustrate his own books, sell paintings, whatever. I'm excited to see what he does with all that talent.

Vanessa said...

what a wonderful talent he has! One to nurture for sure! Go Alex, the picture is phenomenal!

Lisa said...

I love this drawing. Alex is really good. I can see him illustrating some really cool book. Maybe even writing it too.

Kristin said...

He is amazing. Jonathan always talks about how talented Alex is. He's right. That picture is incredible.

Malone Family Blog said...

He is gifted. Oh, no, not another one of those. What a GREAT and fun picture. Can you imagine what is going on in his head? Tell him hi for us. xoxo Aunt Jane