Friday, August 20, 2010

one last recording...

Yesterday was a little bitter-sweet for us. The kids recorded their last episode for the Mormon Channel radio station. We have been driving to Salt Lake fairly regularly for the past few months. It has been such a treat. Brant (producer) and Amen (master mixer), who run the show are really, really great guys. They have been so good to my kids. Excited to see them, complimentary, gentle, and kind. Yesterday Molly saw Amen walking behind us, decided to leave me, and grabbed his hand to walk the rest of the way with him. I really like them. REALLY. I know that Alex thinks they are pretty much the cat's meow. Hopefully he was able to take notes of all the traits they have that make them that cool.

We love Mrs. Anderson. Sister Anderson. Tami. Whatever. She is fabulous in every way. Especially her shoes. The woman has some seriously great shoes. She loves my kids and you can tell. They love her just as much. When someone is kind and loving with your kids, you love them back. It's just how it works for us parents.

Yesterday, before recording, we went on one last tour. This time, Brant and Amen took us down through the tunnels under temple square. Guess who we saw. Yup. We sure did. The prophet, his counselors, and the apostles. They were all heading back to work after their Thursday meeting in the temple. We were up ahead of them a bit when they came through the tunnel in their security driven golf carts. My chest could have very easily exploded...on the spot. I saw our dear, sweet President Monson, Elder Eyring, Elder Uchtdorf, Elders Packer, Scott, Ballard, Hale, Perry. Could have been more. My eyes were too blurry to tell for sure. I did grab a few pictures. They aren't great. I don't think it'd be a great idea for me to post them anyway. Just take my word for it...a few of the coolest moments of my life. Without question, the same can be said for my kids. They saw the prophet. The true and living prophet.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

SO awesome. So so great. I get goosebumps when I think about it.

Rachel said...

So fun. You MAY have passed my mom some time down there. :) She was there getting ready for the prophet's birthday surprise. How AWESOME is it that you saw that many of the Brethren all at once? Your kids will NEVER forget that...I love the thought.

Tami Anderson said...

Well, your children are easy to love, as are YOU. Thank you for the service of your children. I hope they never forget the experience. I know that I won't. I will miss our special little setting...school just isn't the same. Regardless...I will always love those children.

brittany said...

what an amazing experience. I love that your kids had such a great opportunity. they deserve it!!

mj said...

What a wonderful experiance this has been for your wonderful children...and then to cap everything off by seeing our prophet. I still can hardly believe that we actually have a prophet here on earth. What a great blessing !!

Lisa said...

Wow is all I can say. Well, that and that I am totally jealous. What a fantastic opportunity for your kids. (and you) Living in Utah there are such wonderful experiences that most of us don't get to have. Lucky you. I am anxiously awaiting the debut of your sweet kids. Please let me know when the show will be on air. Love you.

sarahandmatt said...

They'll always remember that. What a sweet experience for them (and you).

Kris Tina said...

How awesome to have that entire opportunity. So cool.

Melissa Yergensen said...

So very very VERY cool! Seriously, what an amazing adventure for you and your kids. The whole thing will be something that they will get to cherish for forever.

Kristin said...

WOW--that is so cool Amy! A great way to top off the entire thing for your sweet kids. Love it that they got to do this.

Malone Family Blog said...

Oh, my goodness, what an experience. I have goosebumps and tears. Always involved in good, I say and you have a 'pay day'. When do we get to see the program? please let us know.
xoxox Aunt Jane

Sharene said...

That is so amazing. I dreamt the other night about meeting the prophet because of this post. It was incredible, so I can only imagine what it was really like to see him that close in person! What a great experience for your kids.