
Load up the cars with an insane amount of food, beach chairs, luggage, games...anything you may need for a week at the beach. Molly couldn't move an inch once we got her surrounded. :)

Head off on the hour long drive down to the ocean. Maybe longer with traffic, but the anticipation is SO intense, you just don't really care. Don't forget the fruitstand on the way down for some fresh local produce. Um...yum.

Tour the houses. Figure out final sleeping arrangements. Unload food, etc. Organize kitchen. Sit on the back deck, overlooking the bay, and take it all in. Aaaahhh...we're finally here.

Immediately find a crabbing net and attempt for 7 days straight to catch mini-crabs or jelly fish. Most of the hunting is done in dress-ups.

Attempt back to back headstands to humor your siblings. Go Rachel and Laura!

Sunday morning, head off to the nearest LDS church. Somehow even the "closer" one this year ended up being nearly an hour away. :( Be vacation churchers and leave after sacrament meeting. Sssshh.

Enjoy the sun on the deck. Read, draw, play games, visit, laugh. Whatever you do, it's good. Relaxed and good.


Pose with your rock collection...all from the driveway.

Attempt those wierd cross-eyed puzzles while everyone else laughs at your face.

Gather for the performance of a lifetime. Camera's ready...

Here we go...Molly, Quinn, and Elsie doing a swan dance for Father's Day! Sorry...you missed it. :(

Enjoy some special Grandpa time since he only makes it down in the evenings. Not a beach kindof guy...which makes it even more amazing that he even DOES this for all of us.

Hit the deck again...with cousin Christy. Margaret loves this girl.

Karate Kid moves on the canal posts? Whatever. Pretty awesome.


Attempt some Father's Day photos with less than thrilled kids. Still worth it if you ask me. :) This is Gunnar (Laura's husband) with their girls Charlotte (2) and Elsie -the-bumblebee (5).


My brother Joe with his handsome boys Joel (17), Bennett (16), Matthew (14), and Aaron (13). Not totally sure about the ages...just a rough estimate. They are so much fun though.

Attack Rachel with some Nerf wand/sword/barbell thingies.

Release your mini-crab. Not much meat on the tiny ones. Watch in awe as Annie crabs it from behind without even flinching. :)
Hopefully we sleep well that night, because the beach starts in full force in the morning. :)
9 comments:
This whole thing just sounds SO GREAT. What I'd give for a week at the beach...
Not sure what picture I liked the best. I loved the whole thing. I AM sad that I missed the swan song dance. It looks simply wonderful.
Wish, wish, wish, we could have been there. What fun!
xoxoxo Aunt Jane Also, Happy Belated Birthday, Amy.
Love this...i am living it all over again. Did you tweek some of these pictures ? They sure look good. I can't wait till your next post.
Such a good summary! It's so hard to remember every detail of the beach, but you do a great job of remembering!
HA! Rock collections from the driveway is something my brother and I used to do at my grandparents. Luv it!
I can't believe our week has come and gone :( It was so wonderful getting to know your kids better (they are such sweet hearts)... and how is Dave so nice in the morning? I could learn a few things from that husband of yours! I love you so much and miss you even more!!
You will be so glad you've documented all this--precious memories. Nothing like the anticipation of getting to the beach. Love the picture of Gunner with his two girls, Joe and his boys, Molly smushed in the car, Karate kid...so much fun. I would have probably pushed my baby out on the beach to have been able to see Aunt Mary Jane's face while trying to do those eye puzzles...I love your parents so much...great photo of Uncle Joel and Alex too!
Seriously, sounds awesome. That picture of your Dad with Alex . . .christy with Margaret . . .Molly in the car with all that STUFF!!!! Each one is great.
Post a Comment