Then Lizzy slipped. Just a little. But enough to get her clothes soaking wet. She was really sad...and I was a little annoyed. It was mean of me. She needed me to hurry over to make sure she was alright, so I did. I left Margaret strapped in, on the flattest "boardwalk" type section of the path. I walked 20 feet to Lizzy and checked her out. Her face, her knees, her feet. All OK...just sad. As I was looking her over, I felt a very distinct prompting to check my baby. I turned my head...she wasn't there. She wasn't there! My world and my heart stopped in that moment. I kept spinning. Where was she? Once I turned all the way around, I saw her, heading off the backside of the trail, towards the steep drop-off...right into the semi-raging river. I screamed and I ran. I caught the stroller just as the 2 left wheels were leaving the trail and heading down. My heart was in my throat. I had caught her. 2 seconds more, and I wouldn't have. The stroller would have flipped on the rocks, and she would have been carried down the river.
After I breathed for a minute, I thought about what had just happened. She was on a flat bridge. How had she rolled? Why had no one seen her roll? One of the kids saw us all walking over to Lizzy and didn't want the baby to be left alone, so they moved her nearer to us...onto a slope...without the breaks. I had all sorts of emotions to deal with at that point. I've dealt with them. What I want to remember forever is that whispering...that urge. It came from the Lord. Of that I am sure. It came from Him and I am so grateful that I listened.



6 comments:
Holy Crow. :O So glad you listened. Its amazing how our HF looks out for us, and gives us his love when we need it. **goosebumps** Its stories like these that remind me why I believe.
Thank heavens (literally) for promptings! I always wonder how Moms can possibly get their kids safely through life without them! What a close call. The Lord loves sweet little Margaret and her mommy too!
My heart sank just picturing this. I know miracles exist...I know Father in Heaven prompts us and 'urges' us when we need it. I'm so thankful you heard that prompting!
Even though I already knew about this, reading it brought tears to my eyes. Tears of gratitude that you heard and heeded the prompting. Tears of relief that Margaret was safe. Tears of empathy to think how close it was. Tears of love for you, Amy, because you are the type of woman who DOES listen. Thanks. I love you.
oh amy--I knew this story and I still got tears and chills.
I'm so grateful for the Spirit.. whew, this story gives me the chills each time I think about it. Thank you for listening when you were prompted:)
Post a Comment