Wednesday, April 28, 2010

what makes me happy...

I really haven't had much to say lately. Not super happy, not super sad. Back to feeling like I shouldn't even bother writing if I have nothing profound to say. Silly, I know. But how I feel, just the same. Alot has been going on the past few weeks. A Schofield wedding in Idaho (picture above). Dave's father being diagnosed with Parkinson's. A visit to Washington to see my sister Laura. Her delivering a 20 week stillborn baby boy our last day there. Kay Richard Gehring. Kay - Gunnar's Dad's middle name, Richard - our Dad's middle name. He was beautiful and perfect. I love Laura and am really proud of her. I will treasure the time we were able to spend there for the rest of my life. Beyond that actually. Eternal families are what make me happy. Eternal families, MY family, the sweet peace the Lord provides when we think we can't continue on with our next breath.

8 comments:

MommyMert said...

Beautifully put. :)

Rachel said...

So many things to say here...just don't know how to say it. I love your words...profound or not. They're beautiful just the same.

Michelle said...

I wish I could explain this last week without a post. I check every day. Everything you say speaks to me. Heart. And SUPER congrats on your X-factor. At the rate I'm going I won't be able to shed 25 pounds until November....:(

Kristin said...

Hugs. Beautiful picture. Happy to see the post. Love you.

Oh and a BIG congrats on your weight loss. So awesome. You and Melissa should write a book.

sarahandmatt said...

Oh, Amy! I had no idea about Laura! I am crying right now. I guess Moms understand in a way that others can't. My heart is broken. I miss your posts so much when you don't blog. Think something up for me (even if you don't think it's interesting).
Sarah

brittany said...

you have a beautiful family, that is for sure. you are amazing amy.

Lisa said...

Did you forget to mention the visit of one very special sister??:-) Thanks again for having us and thanks for all of the years that you took care of my girl. Tony and I sure love you and your family.

emlizalmo said...

I could go on and on about how I loved your visit!