Alex is finished with Cub Scouts. Crazy. He is a New Scout now, until he is 12 and becomes a Boy Scout. I remember my tiny little 8 year old starting the program 3 years ago. He was so little...and SO excited. That excitement never wore off. That is one of the things I love so much about Alex. His enthusiasm. I'm sure there are 11 year olds, maybe even friends of his, who think going to scouts is lame. A chore. Something to check off. Something their parents make them do. Alex loves it though. I think it's a combination of being with friends, learning new things, and making tons of cool stuff. He has loved his leaders...and let me just say that being a cub scout leader is work. Fun, hard work. Way to go Alex! We are so proud of you. <3
Thursday, April 1, 2010
new scout...
Alex is finished with Cub Scouts. Crazy. He is a New Scout now, until he is 12 and becomes a Boy Scout. I remember my tiny little 8 year old starting the program 3 years ago. He was so little...and SO excited. That excitement never wore off. That is one of the things I love so much about Alex. His enthusiasm. I'm sure there are 11 year olds, maybe even friends of his, who think going to scouts is lame. A chore. Something to check off. Something their parents make them do. Alex loves it though. I think it's a combination of being with friends, learning new things, and making tons of cool stuff. He has loved his leaders...and let me just say that being a cub scout leader is work. Fun, hard work. Way to go Alex! We are so proud of you. <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Never heard of a new scout before. I know they cross the bridge when they are eleven. Both of my boys loved cubs too. IT is a great organization and the leaders we had were terrific. Congrats to Alex!!
So so great. :) He is a great kid.
congrats! glad he loves it so much
Gooooo Alex! It is so exciting, congrats! Also, Amy you look GREAT! Your body looks tiny and your hair looks so cute and light. YAY all the way around!
P.S. Amy- please don't kill Molly :) That girl is too funny!
Too bad he's not in our ward - Dan would be his leader. He'll have a blast. My boys love it. They are not tearing through their books and getting everything signed off but they love the activities and the campouts. Enjoy Alex!!
I too remember when he became a cub. It was just a few months ago,wasn't it ? Time really does fly,but thank goodness every age and stage is greater than the last. Aren't children wonderful? i know they can be a headache sometimes, but they bring so much joy !!
Post a Comment