

When I tell you there is an age gap in our family, I'm not kidding. I'm the tallest of the little ones in yellow. This is my sister Caroline's wedding. Can you imagine being in your early to late teens and your mother is still having babies? Even more than that though, can you imagine being the mother? This was before any of my sweet grandparents passed away. They are all gone now. Grandmother (my dad's mom) is hanging on his elbow on the left, and Pop (dad's dad) is partially hidden behind Sally. Grandy (my mom's mom) is with Joe on the right, and Grampy (mom's dad) is tucked behind Grandmother on the left. We're a mess in this picture. Man, I love it though. I love my beautiful family. My forever family.

Here we are a few years later at Lisa's wedding. Good heavens...look at those cute tiny girls. This picture makes me smile because I am Emily. Emily is me. I love it. Lisa looks like she was just picked off the cover of some bride magazine. Gorgeous. Look how cute and young Caroline looks over there on the left. That's all of us. All 8. Some of my very favorite people in the world.
10 comments:
I love this family of ours! I can not imagine having 8 children. Grandma had children living with her for sooooo long!
Poor Sally had just been stung by a bee. Note she is holding her arm. Yes, the older I get, the more my family means to me.Really, it's everything to me. I could survive without almost anything, but not our family. How lucky we are!!
Love it! Darling pictures. I know just what you're talking about when you mention being a teenager with a mom still having babies. My Mom had a baby my sophomore and senior years in highschool Joel was a Freshman at BYU when my Mom had her last baby!
It was all worth it, though. Atleast for me:)
oh yeah... totally see Emily. :) Love old photos. Glad you shared them.
love the pictures and this huge family of ours. In Aunt Lisa's wedding pic. I think that everyone looks stunning. Aunt Lisa is gorgeous, Mom's waist it TINY and Uncle Joel is a total stud, not to mention all the little girls :)
that totally does look like emily! i love that you guys have such a big amazing family.
LOVE,LOVE this post !What a wonderful family we have ! Can't wait till we are all together this summer !
I absolutely LOVE these old photos...with all the static and 'imperfections.' I think they're perfect, anyway. :) How fun to see your daughter in you...
Weird but I think it looks like Lizzy not Emily... I love these pictures.
You know what Jaime...in that last picture, I think you're right. It does look a lot like Lizzy too. :)
Post a Comment