Molly was hungry, didn't want a nap.
Margaret was hungry and NEEDED a nap.
The kids walked in the door from school. A whirlwind is the closeset way to describe those first few moments when they get home. They all need my attention, want to tell me about their day. Mom, mom, MOM! I love to see them, but I get overwhelmed. There needs to be 2 of me in those moments.
Kids needed help with homework...all at once.
Got Alex to scouts. Picked up Alex from scouts.
Consoled Alex and Lizzy when she accidentally broke his brand new catapult he had just made at scouts.
Took pictures of my girls in their new dresses (which they wore until bedtime by the way)...not so great pictures, taken in my basement. You can rest assured though, that these little pretties will make their way to the beach for a photoshoot. :)
Cleaned Margaret's messy diaper.
Undressed Molly and got her in the tub for a much needed bath.
Asked Lizzy to feed a frustrated Margaret. Margaret grabbed the spoon from Molly's yogurt, covering the floor and her freshly changed outfit in Apple Turnover Yoplait.
Molly waits in the tub while Margaret cries and I clean.
Emily steps in and asks if I want her to bathe Molly. YES. Oh Emily, thank you so much.
Lizzy changes Margaret into some fresh clothes and finishes her dinner, while I try to clean the mess, but can't even see the sink through all the dirty dishes, so I proceed to throw them...all over the kitchen. I yelled. I kept telling Alex I wasn't mad at him, I was just mad. He thought his broken catapult had done me in, and kept apologizing.
I finally calmed myself, and thanked my sweet, sweet 9 year olds for taking over. They took the wheel. Did it all. How was I blessed with such angel girls? I could NOT have made it through my brink of a nervous breakdown day without them. I really couldn't. They eased my burdens.



7 comments:
I have little coconut limey thing here for you that will make it ALL better! Sorry you had a rough day. Mama said, "There'll be days like this." And I DO love our friends.
I had one of those mornings...which is EXACTLY why I ran to Mom and Me for some 'rescue time.' It helped so much. Why is it SO HARD some days!? So glad we all have them together and SO HAPPY that your sweet girls stepped in...your tender mercies, I'm sure.
Wow, didn't realize your day was so yucky when we talked. Wasn't it just yesterday?? Hope today was better. Love you. Thanks for the help with my talk.
Love the dresses. And... I think Heavenly Father sends our family knowing what we need in each other. Blessings. For sure. :) Glad things calmed down for you.
I'm so glad they're so willing to help...whew, you had a tough day! I love those girls!
Sorry your day was so yucky.What sweet,helpful girls you have !!!! I love the dresses. The color is perfect.
Amy,
I love you because, despite what this post reads, you are balanced.
Here are two of the reasons why I appreciate you.
1. Whenever I read your blog, it makes me feel like having a hundred kids. You are so positive and loving.
2. You bring in reality and keep expectations of motherhood in check. You are generally so loving and positive about your kids that throwing dishes once in a while just makes you seem balanced to me, ya know?
I'm really sorry you had such a horrible day. I was feeling the pain as I read.
Post a Comment