Tuesday, March 9, 2010

molly's lesson...


Molly gave our Family Home Evening lesson last night. I stopped her 5 seconds into it because it was so darn cute and I couldn't let her proceed without video taping it. I didn't want to miss a second. She stood very still at the front of the room, Lizzy whispering in her ear, only wiggling her toes. She was excited. Her smile was huge. Earlier in the day, Lizzy (who was home sick form school) scribed as Molly told her just what she wanted to say. Lizzy drew 2 of the pictures, and Molly drew the others. On the bottom left is Jesus on the cross with a man putting a crown of thorns on his head. She draws Jesus on the cross A LOT. In fact, she drew him on Dave's birthday poster. She loves Jesus. On the bottom right is Daniel in the lion's den. You can tell she really pays attention in FHE and primary. She absorbs everything we say.

The last few lines of her lesson may be my favorite. I have been trying to teach her the importance of keeping the bathroom door closed now that Margaret is crawling. I explained that babies are heavier on the top half of their bodies, and that if she pulled herself to standing by the toilet, she could topple in and could drown. Molly is now obsessed with the toilet, drowning, Margaret falling in. Maybe I should filter more when I explain things to her, maybe not. :)

9 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

haha that is so sweet. Molly is a sweetheart. And you have some awesome artists on your hands!

London said...

Molly is so sweet. She sits right in front of my class and you can tell how much she listens. I'm always telling my class that the sunbeams are more reverent than them. It doesnt always work to get the quiet, but eh, its worth a shot.

brittany said...

i love that she and lizzy are so close. it's the cutest thing ever!

mj said...

How I wish I could have seen Molly's FHE.It is wonderful that she knows how much Heavenly Father and Jesus love and care about all of us. I think you never can be too careful about babies falling into toilets. Did you and Dave start to laugh when that came out of the blue ?

Rachel said...

Oh, hilariously cute. It was a small picture, but I was thinking the lion's den was a baby in the toilet (just going by what she said)! It was Ethan's turn last night, too. All he wanted to do was sing primary songs, so that's what we did. I love THEIR lessons...when they genuinely do it themselves. So simple and stress-free, so honest.

AprilA said...

She is SOOOO cute! I love the things that come out of their mouths at this age. Joshua's lesson was titled "Book of Mormon Stories" and we went through every verse.

I remember when we were getting ready for Kelsey to arrive and James was 4 and was SO into Legos. I told him we needed to practice keeping the legos put away because babies can eat them and choke on them and maybe even die. The next day he said he wanted to put them all away and not play with them ever again until the baby was 4, too. I felt like such a bad mom!

Lisa said...

That Molly is so cute. I want to see the video too. So sweet that Lizzy helped her. I used to love when the kids would teach. You could never be sure what the lesson would be, but it was almost always great.

Kristin said...

so, so tender. I just love that little girl--her pictures and her words.

sarahandmatt said...

please bless my baby doesn't fall in the toilet either! Molly is SO cute!