
40 things I love about my Dave, on his 40th birthday:
1. He whistles...all the time. I love it. It sets a happy mood in our house.
2. He cooks like you wouldn't believe. Mmm hmm...THAT good.
3. He gets up in the middle of the night with the kids.
4. He does an amazing job with our yard.
5. He loves flowers and he's not embarrassed about it.
6. He sings beautifully. I like the rare Sunday when I get to sit next to him and hear.
7. He knows the answer to everything. A memory like a steel trap. It took me a few years to realize he was actually smarter than me.
8. You should see what he can create with some sand and water at the beach.
9. I LOVE that he loves my family just as much as his own.
10. He doesn't raise his voice at me. Ever.
11. He always lets me hold the remote...and I mean always.
12. He is selfless. Truly selfless.
13. He let me name Margaret Margaret. Actually, he let me name all the kids.
14. He never lets his fingernails get too long.
15. Never a day without a shower.
16. His laugh.
17. His support of my need for escape at the end of a long day.
18. He tells me I'm beautiful...even more beautiful than celebrities who are more beautiful than me.
19. He can fix anything. I'm not kidding.
20. He'll bring me treats when I'm sitting like a bump on the couch.
21. He won't let us see a rated R movie, despite my pleading once in awhile.
22. He calms me when I am anxious.
23. He'll rub my feet if I ask him.
24. He laughs anytime I call him at work to tell him something funny from my day.
25. He'll come home from work to rescue me if I'm struggling with motherhood.
26. He gives the kids horseback rides.
26. He gives the kids horseback rides.
27. He is handsome.
28. He will watch Dancing With the Stars with me. And SYTYCD. And The Bachelor. And Ellen.
29. He cooks dinner around here 99 1/2 percent of the time.
30. He is gentle.
31. He is kind.
32. He is a great artist.
33. He let's me buy $2.75 cupcakes and doesn't get mad at me.
34. He shovels the driveway before the snow even settles.
35. He always gives people the benefit of the doubt.
36. He tells me my piano playing is pretty, even when it isn't.
37. He loves our children.
38. He loves me.
39. He loves the Lord.
40. He's mine.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE! I love you.



23 comments:
Hip Hooray! Happy Birthday Dave!
Ah he is so so sweet! Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday to your amazing, wonderful husband. Hope he gets spoiled like crazy!
He is a wonderful guy. I hope he has a great birthday!
How can he be 40? Dave is so young! What a great guy! Seriously, Amy, you are a lucky woman.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dave! I am an old friend of the Schofield family and have known Dave for most of his 40 years. Wendy sent me the link to your blog and I have been reading it for the past year - I love it. Dave is an amazing person but you are truly amazing also. I feel like I know you through your blog. I love that you are so real and I love learning about your sweet family. You always have a way that touchest my soul and lifts me up. Have a great day!
I love hearing about husbands through a wifes perspective. :) Its nice to get to know Dave a bit better too. Thanks for sharing. Happy birthday Dave.
Great blog about a great guy. Amy,you sure got a "keeper"
Can I add one to your list? "He runs to the rescue of a poor mom and her puking babe...only seconds after it happens...oh, and CLEANS IT UP, too!" I always thought you had a sweet husband, but that day SEALED THE DEAL for me. He's going to heaven just for that. Love your family.
Happy Birthday Dave!! You are one of the very best dads I know, you are amazing, and I hope you have a fantastic day!!
Nice comments. Dave really is all of those things. I know he isn't perfect, but he is pretty dang close to it. I love him for loving you so much.
I'm not gonna lie. Got a little teary. I love that you love him and love that he is SO great!
happy birthday Dave!!!!
ps--fantastic list btw
Happy Birthday David! What a great list Amy! I really do have a great big brother. Actually- I think all of my brothers and sisters are great! I hope your day was wonderful! We love you and your family! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.
Happy happy birthday to Dave! He really is a super awesome dad and husband, an all around pretty cool guy.
That is so sweet! It reminds me to stop and say thank you to my sweet hubby. BTW sorry if you ever get miscellaneous call from me. My sweet jacob always hits the call button and you are the first name in my phone book ;)
That's hilarious Tammy! I've wondered why I always see Ginny Lakey on my caller id, but she never leaves a message. :)
This is a great list. You do have a amazing and wonderful husband and role model for your kids. While I don't know Dave all that well due to the distance... I think that any man that is all of those things that you mentioned is incredible!
Happy Birthday Dave! But on a serious note... knock it off, you are making the rest of us look bad. ;-)
Happy Birthday to Dave! When I think of Dave, I think of him smiling and I like that. And he was always so good to you. I like that too.
What a great guy dave is. Happy birthday to one very special man. I'm so glad you touched our lives for good. You have such a special family . lOVE JOICE
Dave - you seriously deserve an award for being such an amazing husband, father and friend. We love you sooooo much!
Post a Comment