Happy birthday sweet boy. How are you 11 already? I can still remember my tiny, soft baby boy like it was yesterday. Our first baby. We were completely in love with you. Smitten. We still are. We are so blessed that you are ours. Here are eleven things I love most about you:1. Your laugh. You are so funny. When you are really laughing, like belly-laugh laughing, it makes me happy. It makes others happy too. It is contagious. You can't control yourself!
2. Your passion. If you love something, you REALLY love it. You obsess about it. Like Age of Empires, Harry Potter, knights, indians, Percy Jackson, your favorite scripture stories. You will draw them, talk about them, write stories about them, dream about them.
3. You still love me to scratch your back. Just last night you asked me to. You aren't grossed out by your mom yet. Maybe you never will be.
4. You are a friend to so many. You don't even realize that there are "cool" and "not-so-cool" people yet. If you like someone, and they make you happy, they are your friend. It doesn't matter what they wear, what they play at recess, how smart they are.
5. You are an artist. In so many ways. Not just your drawing...but singing, writing, looking at the world. I remember as a tiny little boy, you were always making car sounds, spaceship sounds, trains, explosions, animals. I think that is art. You will be famous someday.
6. You stand up for what is right. It brings me so much joy when you tell me of experiences at school where you have stood up for someone who was too afraid to stand up for themselves. Poeple like you and they watch you. They will see the choices you make and want to follow. You are a leader. Lead your friends the right way.
7. You are very sensitive. If you are sad, you don't hide it. The same with angry, bored, afraid, worried. This sensitivity will help you comfort others in your life. It will help you love deeper and stronger.
8. You work hard. You don't give up. I still remember you trying to learn how to dive. It was so difficult. It wouldn't work out quite right, but you would hop right out of the pool and try again. I think that is why you are such a great artist. If something doesn't look exactly right, you don't set down your pencil and quit. You erase and start again.
9. You are a good example to your 4 little sisters. They love you, Alex. They watch you all the time. Always remember that.
10. I love your face. Your tiny, little nose. Your thick, fluffy hair. Your glasses. Your little ears. Your soft skin.
11. You are cool.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANDSOME!



8 comments:
Please tell Alex Happy Birthday from us!!
You are cool Alex. We hope the birthday is amazing and he knows we will miss him when he graduates form Webelos.
Alex, you seriously are a totally cool guy! We hope you have a wonderful birthday!!
What a great kid. I think he'll do some REALLY great things in his life. Happy Birthday, Alex!
Happy Birthday, Alex! You have four very lucky sisters.
It was cool that I commented on myfamily about his passion and righteousness before I even read your blog. Such a good kid.. :)
How very blessed we are to have Alex in our family.I think he is going to be alot like his Dad,and that is a very good thing !!
I love that picture of the two of you Amy. I asked him today if it was ok if we got him his present when he has his party. He smiled so cute like and said, "sure why wouldn't it be?" I love that kid. He has been such a fantastic friend for Jonathan.
Post a Comment