
My hospital stay after I had Margaret wasn't what I hoped it would be. SHE was wonderful. She wanted me alot, but I was fine with that. I loved it actually. In those 2 days, we existed for eachother. But the hospital was hot. It felt like 80 degrees to me...all the time. So if I felt stressed...I felt REALLY stressed. Dripping. Uncomfortable. My window wouldn't open. Quite frankly, by the second day, I was ready to bust out of there. Generally I love the hospital. The doting nurses. Peace and quiet. Not this time. I wanted to go, but I couldn't yet. My Mom came on that second day, so Dave felt like he should probably stay at home with her rather than in the hospital with me. I REALLY didn't have a problem with that, until about 10 o'clock that night. I was exhausted, but couldn't sleep. The baby was down in the nursery. I was too hot...and I was lonely. I was overwhelmed with emotions. I needed my husband so badly, but I knew I couldn't call him over so late at night. I would just manage. At that moment, tears running down my cheeks, I hear the door open. In walks my sweet husband. With him was this book. A gift from my Mom. I have no doubt that the Lord knew I needed him right then. I needed his calming touch and voice. Even if just for a few minutes. He also knew I needed the words that were in that book. My Mom listened to promptings she may have had, and bought it for me. I stayed awake reading for hours. It changed my entire attitude. I could forget the heat. I was a mother of five. I was so blessed. I know things will be tough. They already have been. But I have some secrets now. Some reminders. Motherhood is sacred. My children are treasures. I CAN do it. I have help. Divine help.



8 comments:
I am almost sobbing.We all have those feelings sometimes....I'm just glad that the book was helpful for you !!
Seriously, you are the sweetest woman I know--you could write that book! Can't wait to read it!
I forget to tell you how much I love this book. I love that I can read little short snippets (on the toilet...which is where this book currently lives) and get a renewed sense of motherhood and having a joy in the craziness. It also makes me grateful that I don't have 9 kids right now. It's very heartwarming and very real and I REALLY like it. Thank you for sharing it with me. You're a great friend.
I loved that post - especially because that is how I feel when night comes at the hospital - I am so emotional and can never sleep and it is stressful~ I got that book as a gift as well - They grew up right down the street from me - ok, is your baby the cutest thing ever or what? erin
Just wanted you to know that entry made me cry! You are so great at expressing your feeling through your blog!
loved this post. You ARE doing it!! I love your honesty!
The Lord loves us. I'm glad you have people in your life that listen to His promptings.
I love that book, and her blog too!
Post a Comment