
Our family visits for the summer are over. I am exhausted, but also sad. These visits have filled our days with laughs, good food, great company...and lots of late nights. I saw this thought on another blog and wanted to put it here.
"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know eachother as we always were. We know eachother's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time."
Clare Ortega

That is how I feel about my sisters and my lone brother. :) Like they are my truest friends. Like they know me better than anyone else, love me more, support me more, forgive me more. There has been a lot of forgiveness in my family. I've been forgiven for things I have said or done, things I have forgotten to do, ways I have acted. There has been a lot of unconditional love. A lot of tears and heartache. And a LOT of laughing. I am so grateful for my family...including my parents. I am so grateful that families are eternal. That they can go on forever. That these people are in my life for the REST of my life and on.

Rachel and Annie were just here for a visit from Pennsylvania. We had a great time. Some of my favorite things about company:

Sunday evenings in the back yard. I love the cool grass, kids playing on the tramp and swingset. I love the slow pace...like we don't have a single place to go or a care in the world. And I love to take pictures...of all of it!

I love that my siblings love my kids just as much as I do. I love seeing my kids with their cousins, and hanging all over their aunts and uncles. It makes me happier than most anything.

I love laughing about old memories and making new silly ones.


Monte L. Bean museum
Come again soon, Annie and Rachel! We love and miss you.
6 comments:
It looks like you guys had lots of fun. I can't believe summer is over already!!
I never thought that you and Rachel looked that much alike, but holy cow do you look alike in these pictures! Like one dark and one light on the same pretty face!
Love these wonderful pictures. You know,I can't even immagine life withouy our family,and I thank God forthe fact that we can be together forever.
You know, Melissa...I have always thought we looked alike, and people thought I was crazy. She was dark and petite, I was blond and not so petite, but I thought our faces were very similar. I feel totally validated now! :)
WOW! Did you see that pic of Emily with Annie?! She looks exactly like you! Those kids are DARLING. We love you guys.
I know how you feel about family visits. We've had our share of visits this summer too and I LOVE them but they totally exhaust me. I love the poem you posted. I may have to use it. Brielle came to visit with her 3 little ones. We crammed SOO much into 5 days. We were stressed out and frazzled but so glad to do it. We just kept remarking how we can't wait til next year when the kids are all one year older. It's so draining when you put that many kids together but you HAVE to make those memories.
Post a Comment