Wednesday, September 14, 2011

whisperings...

So, our ward had a garden this summer. A garden full of beets! Michelle and I had a bit of an obsession with them. Dave too. Roasted beets, sauteed beets, beet soup. A few weeks ago, we decided to walk to the garden together after the kids had left for school. It was a really warm and sunny morning, so we put Macy and Margaret in their strollers in the shade of a neighboring garage. I headed over with Molly and Gavin and we started to pick. Michelle hung back by the babies. I wondered why she wasn't joining us yet. This is why...

She had heard the garage door open. Our girls were all the way at the end of the driveway, over to the side, quite safe we thought. Anyhow, Michelle distinctly felt a warning that the driver coming out of the garage would not see the babies. No, she thought, they are out of the way. They're fine. Surely they will see as they reverse and proceed cautiously. Again...they're NOT going to see the babies. Michelle walked over quickly and moved them to the grass, right as the car sped out of the garage to the street. It seemed like the car was going 20 mph. The driver DIDN'T see the babies, or Michelle who was 2 feet from the driver's window until the car shifted from reverse to drive to head down the street. Our hearts were racing. Macy may have been far enough out of the way, but Margaret wouldn't have. I am so, so thankful that Michelle heard that whisper, that she took the time to respond to it. I'm also thankful that the Lord sent it.

7 comments:

MommyMert said...

**chills** Way to listen Michelle!

sarahandmatt said...

So sweet. What a tender mercy and a testimony that we must always be worthy to hear the promptings of the Spirit.

Kristin said...

Had goosebumps reading this one. Thank you for sharing this tender mercy from our Father. Love you all.

Rachel said...

<3 the Holy Ghost. <3 those who are 'still' enough to hear Him.

mj said...

Thank you Heavenly Father and thank you Michelle !!

Kris Tina said...

So sweet. Just so so so sweet.

Michelle said...

I'm thankful the Lord sent it, too. I love the picture of that sweet baby. Might be my favorite picture of yours ever.