This picture really has nothing to do with my post, but my mom just posted it on our family website and I love it. So much. This was taken on the front steps of Grandy and Grampy's beachhouse in Seaside Heights, NJ. What a wonderful place. I know now, that it was really quite junky, but it was heaven when we were little. Rainbow Rapids, a waterslide park, was just across the way. The beach was just a few blocks down. I would do anything to go back there. This is my mom (top right) with 6 of her girls + 1. Not sure who the gal is with the short hair. Caroline is top left (she is #3), Sally is just to the right of her, I am sitting in the front with Tracy, and Caroline and ? are holding the twins, Rachel and Laura. Isn't my mom beautiful? This beachhouse = happiness for me.I thought I'd post a few things about life in the Schofield house as of September 19, 2011:
1. Margaret is still cute. She is fiesty though. I don't love that. Not even a tiny bit. Last night she hit Alex on the head then crossed her arms across her chest and refused to apologize. She is mean to him. She won't let him kiss her or hug her, and it makes me mad.
2. She knows how to get what she wants. She looks right at you, after you have said "no" for whatever reason, tips her head just a tiny bit and says, "Pleathe?" Her lisp is super cute. I wouldn't mind if she kept it for awhile.
3. She, as well as the other kids, wants to watch Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken every single day. Sometimes twice...or thrice. Remember that movie? It is fabulous except for the guy from 16 Candles who is a little Keanu-ish. I loved the movie when I was in college. My friends called it Wild Hearts Can't Be F-ed. They threw "F" into everything. Not the f-bomb, just the letter. Anyhow, I love the show and the music in it. I've gotten used to it playing in the background of my day.
4. Emily got 4 teeth pulled last week, while Molly got 2 fillings. Very soft teeth around here. Anyhow, they did great. Emily was perfect through the whole thing, but started vomiting as soon as they sat her up and let her walk around. So...I spent 15 minutes in the bathroom with her, rubbing her back and wiping her mouth since she was numb, while Molly sat completely still getting herself worked on. I love that my kids aren't bothered by the dentist. I got lucky. It sure does make things easier.
5. Alex is learning responsibility. He is the 1st counselor in the deacons quorum and forgets things...a lot. It bothers him that he does. So, we talk about how to keep it from happening again. He is irresponsible with school. Misplaces things, forgets assignments. But he WANTS to be better, so I think he will. He just needs to watch Elizabeth and Emily.
6. Molly loves kindergarten. She also still loves to cut paper and leave it all over the house, or on my pillow, disguised as "gifts." Then she leaves the scissors or kitchen shears where Margaret would love to grab them.
7. The kids are cute. I love being their mother. I'm overwhelmed though, and anxious...a lot. More than I should be. At home...where I SHOULDN'T be. I'm going to do something about that.



12 comments:
Love the picture. It's such a nice way to preserve the old photos by scanning them and putting them on the internet. Matt recently told me, "You don't know what a real beach house is like because you never went to Uncle Joel's old beach house." He must be right. :)
I LOVED wild hearts can't be broken. Loved it. But then I also loved eight seconds which probably would not be appropriate for your kids. But I look back on it and think, "that movie was goooood" because I haven't seen it in umpteen years.
Perhaps Alex needs a day planner. That was the solution for all things back in my junior high days.
Um...excuse me but you failed to mention the THREE (that's 3!) teeth that Lizzy lost! :cough cough:
Oh my GOSH! How could I forget my favorite tooth puller? She has another one that's just about ready. We love you, Tami. :)
That would be a record for me. I'm pretty sure that my total number of teeth pulled from one student was two. So Lizzy has already beat that one.
I mean two on the same person for the entire YEAR.
oh...never mind. Now I'm confused.
Dang...Lizzy will DOUBLE your record! Does she win a prize? Maybe YOU should. :)
Love Love that movie. I had major crush-age on the main part guy. Maybe a little one still... kidding. Sorry about the feistyness, and the anxiousness... but you are awesome. You will work it out. :)
My first thought of what to say was, "I love you." So I'll just leave it at that!
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken was one of my favs, for sure. Maybe we should have a movie night and watch it? You're probably all pooped out from it, though. :)
I love that picture. I love old school colors and hair cuts and clothes...everything in that picture. :)
sounds like there is quite a bit of growth and wonderful happenings going on in your household lately :) hope you are doing well!
I think that was one of my favorite movies back then. ha what a memory!! I don't know when I watched it last, though.
I love your smile in that picture and yes, your mom is beautiful.
And here is a hug. I know that anxiousness you talk about.
Post a Comment