This year, Elizabeth won the race for girls in grades 4-6. She was REALLY excited. Every september when it rolls around, I dread it. I'm not even sure why. I actually enjoy it once I suck it up and get myself there.
1. My kids are completely entertained by the skating, their friends, the music. I am just a bystander. No one needs me. No one tugs at me. No one is cutting up tiny pieces of paper and leaving them all over the house.
2. I love to sit and watch them, while chatting with my friends. It is almost as good as sitting at the boardwalk, people watching. ALMOST.
3. We sit in the shade of the school as the sun slowly dips behind it. The air is crisp and cool. Summer is slowly transitioning to fall.
4. I love when my kids get windblown. Not actually THEM, just their hair. After a long day at school and skating for an hour and a half, their hair is a mess, and I love it. It looks like they've just spent the afternoon at the beach.
5. Somehow, even with Bell Biv Devoe blasting through the speakers, it is peaceful.
6. Margaret was determined to figure out the scooter...by herself. It was honestly one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I know I say that a lot, but it's true this time. Molly was all about the roller rink. I'm surprised she wasn't dizzy by the end of the night. Lizzy and Emily inherited some plastic roller blades from their friend Madelyn and switched on and off all night. It led to a little bickering, but at family skate night, I let them sort it out themselves. The kids have wonderful, nice, beautiful friends. So do I. Skate night just reminds me of that.
*No pictures of Alex because he is a junior high-er now. He was only interested in walking around with his i-pod not looking too thrilled to be there. Cute though.



7 comments:
While this looks like a good time - I will leave it at that. Instead I must comment on the fact that when I see a man with a hairy neck I think just one thing - this man must not be loved. Because if he was loved - his wife/girlfriend would never let him go around with a hairy neck. Seriously. I have a problem with it. You will NEVER catch Greg with a hairy neck. But then again - he is definitely not the wolf-man so that's not ever really a problem. But still.
It never fails...whenever I see pictures of your children, my heart skips a beat because I just love them so much. Is that weird? They are very, very special to me. thanks for letting me love them.
Tami, that is one of the nicest things I have ever heard.
...I am very grateful to have you in their lives.
Oh the hairy man! hehe
Great description of skate night. You nailed it all down pretty good. :) Love all those pictures of your beautiful family. And the image of Alex getting bigger. Sweet boy.
--kristin
This looks pretty great. I think my kids would dig something like that. G-ville used to have a rollerskating night in the elementary gym - every week - and it was really romantic when one of those cute boys asked if you'd 'skate' with him. :) I think they probably played BelBivDavo (sp?) at our skate nights, too. :)
That picture of margaret is to die for. Your girls look perfectly beautiful with their windblown hair!
Post a Comment