
My niece Christy, Christina Lynne (oh shoot, is there an "e"?) Nixdorf, Linsky. Now Christina Zimmerman. Oh my goodness, this was such a beautiful wedding. I was able to go back to Delaware in June...all by myself, to attend and be the photographer at the wedding. Total dream.

It seemed like just weeks after she left Utah that she announced she and Andrew were engaged. I couldn't believe it! Actually, they have known eachother for a long, long time...like primary days. But I had never met him. Could I let her go through with it if I'd never met him? :) Our first encounter was in the lobby of the Washington DC temple. I walked in and saw him immediately. He stood up, we hugged, and I was smitten. I really was. Any worries that I had were gone. Andrew is gentle. He is kind. He's actually a lot like my Dave. :) Christy always said she wanted to marry someone like Dave. Andrew is like sunshine. Even when he is not smiling, he's smiling. Have you ever met someone like that? They are just so pleasant and easy to be around. He and Christy are wonderful together.

One of the treats for me was getting to attend another sealing where my Dad was the sealer. I love my Dad so much. I especially love watching him as he waits, pauses, listening for the spirit to tell him what to say. I also love being in the temple with my family. My parents, siblings, aunt, cousin...I just love it. There aren't many things better than that. Joy is the only way to describe it. Pure joy.

The reception was at a gorgeous winery. I had never been there, but it was breathtaking...and insanely perfect for pictures. I went a little crazy. 900 pictures in 3 days. See? I realize this picture is a little underexposed. I just don't care. I love it. They were so happy. So smiley. So kissey.

See her shoes? Could you just die? The tables were decorated very "beachy". Christy loves the beach. You could tell. There was just a great feeling there all night. We danced the night away, stuffing ourselves with Dolle's Salt Water Taffy. I loved watching my sister Lisa and her sweet husband, Tony. They were SO happy. So relaxed. I caught myself looking at them quite a bit. I love that my sister Caroline drove 14-ish hours from North Carolina for the reception, then left the next morning. That is LOVE, people. I'm sure everyone was exhausted by the end of the night. I sure was. All anyone could talk about though is how amazing it was.
5 comments:
So very sweet. Sorry we missed it!
It was always kind of a dream to have a wedding in a winery...I can't even imagine having pictures in one. They're gorgeous! I wish I were more like her new hubby...'happy' even when I'm not inside. Lucky girl. :)
Great blog Amy. It was a wonderful day. And Andrew is just how you described him. This made me kind of teary, the good kind. Love you . Lisa
LOVE these pictures... and yes, this post made me cry! You're wonderful, and I miss you a lot!
Oh, what a couple and you have captured the wonder of it all, Amy. I was devastated that we could not be there for the reception, but the sealing was so great, all about marriage and Jesus Christ.
Post a Comment