Thursday, August 11, 2011

disappearing summer...

I have a few thoughts as our summer is coming to a close. First of all...where has it gone?! I have read so many times on so many blogs, how people love having their kids home for the summer. How they enjoy the time so much. How they dread school starting again. I hated those posts. They made me feel crappy. Like I was a rotten mom for loving routine and schedule and a quiet house. Now I finally get it. The last few weeks of our summer have been so fun. My children are amazing. The red-head aside, they are so good to eachother. We have spent a lot of time at Seven Peaks. I've gone out with a friend who shall remain unnamed nearly every day for treats while my twins and Alex watch our kids. Who does that? I do. I'll miss them and their cheer. I really, really will. I have been sick quite a few times this summer and they help me and make me happy.

We've spent the last few evenings in the backyard. The grass is cool, the air feels clean, and I take a ridiculous amount of pictures while they just radiate cuteness.

Look at the twins just loving my babies. Today while I was out running Alex to Middle School orientation, Emily called me and put Margaret on the phone. "Ah poop...toelet." Yeah, you read that right...Emily put that baby on the toilet and she went. Dave says we should just hire Emily as a nanny. She is GOOD. They are all GOOD. In their own ways. I love them so much. Molly tried to change a poop while I was editing pictures yesterday. Let's just say it was a disaster. Disgusting. But I love that she tried.

Alex LOVED scout camp. Loved it. He is still talking about it, laughing about it, teaching us songs. Aside from his glasses getting stolen, it was perfect. He looked older after he showered when he got home. That's why I took this picture. He looks different...and so handsome.

I asked him how he felt being without me at camp. This is what he did. I think he's mocking me. I am SO glad he is home safe and sound. I'm so glad that his leaders made sure he had a wonderful, memorable experience.

*Someone got into my makeup. She rubbed mascara all over her cheek and in her hair. She dumped out the rest of my Bobbi Brown eye shadow...which ain't cheap. She cried and cried when she got busted. And stared at herself in the mirror the whole time.


10 comments:

Rachel said...

What can I say? I love these thoughts, these pictures. I've had little moments here and there to see Emily 'at work,' as she's right across the street. You really do have such great, beautiful kids. I could eat Margie in her Bobbi Brown shadow and mascara!

Kris Tina said...

Perhaps it is just time for some new bobbi brown. Maybe Margaret could earn the money to pay you back for it by modeling(?) Alex does look handsome - ad old(er).

Tami Anderson said...

The make up is a right of passage. Check! I love your family. I can't wait until Molly is six!

MommyMert said...

I am struggling with the idea of school being back in. Seriously am. I love when you take candid pics of your kids. My FAVORITE part of the pics though... The way Miss Molly is looking at Emily. ADORATION! I bet the diaper thing has to do with that. She sees how much you love and appreciate Emily. She admires that, and is trying to emulate. Its a good thing. Alex's face while telling you how much he missed you... He looks SO Much like Dave. ha!

mj said...

I agree with all of these posts and also what you said. What a great family. I also love the others on Wally.....I think I ordered 1/2 of them.

Julia said...

such sweet pics of your beautiful children! i agree...summer has flown by. I am definitely not ready for it to be over!

Jon said...

love these beautiful pictures of my kids. Love your thoughts. I can't say I am dreading summer coming to an end or anything, but I am bummed summer wasn't longer. I think a big month long trip helped it fly by, but still. It flew. I will be grateful for the schedule that is coming but will sure as heck miss the crazy, lazy days we've enjoyed this year.

And I am so glad Alex loved scout camp. He is very handsome and does look older.

And wow on Margie going on the potty! The countdown to when you are DONE with diapers can soon begin!

Jon said...

oh i am logged in as jon. oops!
That would be his other half, kristin. :)

Sharene said...

These pictures are great. I cannot believe how much older Alex looks! I am looking forward to when Brielle goes to school so much. I think I will miss her when it is all day but man I love a quiet house sometimes! You take such amazing candid pictures! I understand about the friends at 7 peaks. Brooklyn is such a hand full and so not fearful that I have to watch her constantly and closely because even though she has her life jacket on, she face plants constantly and so it is hard to just sit and relax. Your kids are so beautiful, just like their mother!

Melissa Yergensen said...

Marley tries to look at herself when she is crying too, what is up with that? It makes me laugh when I am trying to bet stern. Marley never snuck into my makeup but Ethan did!