Wednesday, August 3, 2011

missing...


Alex is gone at scout camp for the week. I miss him. Things are a LOT quieter around here, but I miss him. There is way less fighting and contention, but I miss him. I don't have to ask for permission to use the computer, but I miss him. I've got less laundry to fold, but I miss him.

I know he is having a ball. Dave went down with the scouts for the first 2 days and brought back plenty of video to prove that he's happy.

I worry, sending him away, with people I don't know very well. Scary things have been know to happen to scouts while they are at camp. I worry that he'll get lost in the woods. That he'll get hurt. That he'll be cold at night. That he'll miss home and won't have anywhere to go cry. That he'll get teased. That his leaders won't love him quite like Dave and I do. Here's the thing. His leaders are there for a reason. They were called through inspiration. The Lord loves Alex just as much as I do. He will watch over him. I need to trust more and worry less.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

<3.

ash & diz said...

so glad I got to meet you today! was reading through your last few posts... you have an adorable fam! your kids are beautiful! what 1/2 marathon are you running??

ihaverun said...

You seriously have a darling family! And talented =)

I second Ashley. So fun to meet you today and get to know you a little through your blog!

Julia said...

your fam is seriously adorable! such sweet pics you have posted :) was awesome to meet you tonight! so glad you introduced yourself :)

Kristin said...

We out here can't wait to hear how scout camp went for Alex. Be expecting a phone call from jonathan probably tomorrow. :)

It is so true, that no matter what, when one of us isn't here, there is a hole where they should be. Always.

mj said...

This is odd, I was sure I put something on here, but I guess not. I'm so glad Alex had a good time. He is such a great, talented boy.

MommyMert said...

Sorry about the stolen things. I talked to Mom and she said you were doing all the right things. I would be very angry. But... I also know that boys who do these sort of things are stronger and better able to leave home (ie... missions.). You would think I would LOVE BSA because of my parents but I am not. I do appreciate it though, and hopefully he will continue to enjoy these outings. Still... people who steal irritate me so much.