Anyhow, my kids thoroughly enjoy school. Choir. After school programs. Walking to and from every day. Coming home to a happy Molly who hasn't had to fight for attention. I am proud of them. They are exceeding any expectations I ever had for my children. Some of my hopes for their school year:
*Let them learn...and enjoy learning. Each learns at their own rate. I just hope they all enjoy it and trust themselves.
*Let them be confident. In their abilities, in their relationships with peers, in their value to Dave and I.
*Let their teachers love them. Let them be aware of what each child needs. What they respond to, and what they don't. Let my children respect their teachers enough that Mr. and Mrs. WANT to give them what they need.
*Let them fit in. I don't care what group of kids it's with. The jocks. The musical/artsy's. The nerds. I'd love it if my kids could be friends with all of them, not giving any thought to what kind of clothes others wear, how smart they are, how popular.
*Lastly...let them be kind. Especially to those who really need kindness in their lives. When I attend SEP's, that is the first thing I ask the teachers. Is my child kind? If they are, I think everything else will follow.
Love you Emily, Lizzy, and Alex!



9 comments:
they look so so cute!!!
They really do look cute. I love your goals for them- to let them be themselves and grow into something wonderful.
You are such a wonderful mother. I hope you know that!
You are a wonderful mother! I don't believe 6th and 4th grade wow!
I know what you mean, Amy. My kids aren't in school and, while I'm sure I'll feel some anxiety when they FIRST start, I think I'll enjoy the school year to be able to MISS them. I always seem to feel better about my family when I get little chances to miss them and have some time to think without the 'noise.' I think you have some of the sweetest, most kind kids I know their ages...they'll do just fine! :)
My real dread about summer ending and school starting is losing easy going mornings not so much losing my children at home every day! At first I am sad because those summer days are for the most part easy....but that second full day back is pure HEAVEN!!!
They look so cute and so ready for school.
I LOVE the upbringing you give them, the values you nurture in them - kindness above all else. It's easy to compare, but your motherhood is exceptional Amy, it really is.
You are awesome. Yuppers, and I love ya.
Post a Comment