
How is Molly adjusting to life with a new baby in the house? I'll give you one guess. I don't think I have ever heard her whine/cry so much or yell NO so many times in a day. I'm thinking we may have dug our own hole. The other day she said she was a big girl and wanted to get rid of her paci's. I know...you're thinking she's WAY too old for a paci anyway. I realize that. I thought we would have them gone well before the baby came, but we didn't. We just never got to it. Then I let her keep them because I didn't want to turn her entire world upside down just after a new baby arrives. Anyhow, when she said she was ready to part with them, I was ready to go ahead with it. We took them to the $ Tree, and traded them for wonderful toys and treats. She's done OK in terms of asking about them. She hasn't...at all. But MAN alive is she ever fussy. She won't nap. If she does, it's only for an hour instead of 2 or 3. Part of the problem is that Grandma is gone. Grandma gave Molly lots and lots of attention. Part of it is the paci...I just know it. SO...after a little discussion with Dave last night, and listening to my pounding headache...we gave her one of Margaret's. We'll deal with it later. The end.
I have to say how much I love this picture though. Molly was so sad...and Daddy was right there to calm her. He loves his baby. She loves him. They have a beautiful relationship. I am so thankful for that.
12 comments:
I LOVE this picture. How perfectly it shows their special bond. I miss you all SO much. I am having Schofield withdrawels. I think your Passi idea is great....Why tramitize her more than necessary right now.
Can Molly come to our house and play?
whatever works.... That is a sweet picture!
i love molly! She is having a hard time adjusting I noticed it in nursery. subtle but it is there. poor thing. drop her off to my house anytime Addi loves her, I do too. She will not suck a paci on her graduation night, I promise! love you hope all is well and your sleeping a bit.
Honestly Amy, this picture is priceless. And who cares about the paci. A new sibling is enough for Molly to deal with now. I have a special thing for her. I think I'll send it with Adam. Dumb me just sent your gifts in the mail totally forgetting that I could have sent them for free with Adam. duh... Since I don't have anything for your other 3, just tell Molly whatever you want. Love you all.
That is so sad! I knew that was going to be hard. I liked what Christy said. She will not have a passie at her graduation. Molly is so adorable! Please let me know how I can help.
I had a paci for so long! This post made me remember that! Totally, whatever works. I can see in my little cousins how hard it is for them to get used to another baby being around. She's such a sweet girl and what a gorgeous photo of her and her Dad!
I think it is so wonderful that you are documenting their childhood in this way. What a precious thing to look back on in years to come, because they won't just see the big picture, they'll really udnerstand who they were as children because you comment on the day to day things, the funny things they say, the touching things they do, the things that are easuly forgotten if not written down. I love it and, please G-d when I have a family, I hope to do the same.
What a sweet daddy/daughter moment captured. Getting 'replaced' as the baby is a hard thing. She's beautiful and everything will work out...and she'll be as tender to her baby sister as her siblings have been to her.
That is a beautiful picture!
You've got plenty of time to get rid of the paci. I've never seen a woman walk down the aisle with one, so take your time. ;-)
-FringeGirl
It really is a precious picture. The paci thing will pass...Survive right now.
It really is a precious picture. The paci thing will pass...Survive right now.
I love the picture also. How are you always ready with your camera? We also need to get rid of the paci but we just couldn't do it before Dan's mom comes to stay with the girls. We need her to be as comforted and sleeping as well as possible for Grandma. Poor Piper is going to get potty trained and depacied as soon as we get home. FUN FUN Summer!!
Post a Comment