There was never a shortage of "I love you"s when I was growing up. I heard it a lot. I felt it a lot. My parents told me all the time. I think it's such an important thing to hear. It boosts your confidence. It reminds you of what is most important in your life. Kids NEED to hear it. They need to know. I've heard so many stories of kids who grew up never really knowing for sure, because they never heard those 3 words. Those 3 words that are SO easy to say. Try saying them...it's a piece of cake. I think even if you grew up without hearing them, you can make a change and say it. Say it to your kids, to your sweetheart, to your friends. It feels great.Friday, May 8, 2009
love you...
As I was lying in my bed yesterday morning, listening as the kids rushed out the door to school, I couldn't help but laugh. LOTS of good-bye's going on. Bye Alex, I love you. Love you Mom. Bye Molly, I love you. I love you Lizzy. See you later Emily, I love you. Love you Daddy. It sounded a lot like the Walton's. It made me so happy. I love mornings like this where things aren't quite as hectic, where we have the time to say I love you.
There was never a shortage of "I love you"s when I was growing up. I heard it a lot. I felt it a lot. My parents told me all the time. I think it's such an important thing to hear. It boosts your confidence. It reminds you of what is most important in your life. Kids NEED to hear it. They need to know. I've heard so many stories of kids who grew up never really knowing for sure, because they never heard those 3 words. Those 3 words that are SO easy to say. Try saying them...it's a piece of cake. I think even if you grew up without hearing them, you can make a change and say it. Say it to your kids, to your sweetheart, to your friends. It feels great.
There was never a shortage of "I love you"s when I was growing up. I heard it a lot. I felt it a lot. My parents told me all the time. I think it's such an important thing to hear. It boosts your confidence. It reminds you of what is most important in your life. Kids NEED to hear it. They need to know. I've heard so many stories of kids who grew up never really knowing for sure, because they never heard those 3 words. Those 3 words that are SO easy to say. Try saying them...it's a piece of cake. I think even if you grew up without hearing them, you can make a change and say it. Say it to your kids, to your sweetheart, to your friends. It feels great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I love you! Check my blog, I have a little surprise for you!
what a great reminder to tell the people we care about that we love them! thanks amy... and of coarse you know i love you. we need to chat soon.
I love you's are always a good thing.
-FringeGirl
Thanks for the reminder! I love you BFF!
I love you Amy!!!
Did you ever imagine that we would be pregnant 4 times and feel amazingly awfull? This last one was incredibly hard for me and I can relate to TIRED. I LOVE YOU and I'm glad I found you... again.
I agree with the saying "I love you" often. Very often I throw in and "I like you" too.
Somehow, to me, "I like you" connotes a whole lot more.
So, to clarify: "I love Lizzy and Emily and I like them too"
(I'm a closet psychologist! haahahahahaheheheheh)
Post a Comment