Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wahooooo...


Finally. The Schofields have a piano. I couldn't be much happier. I have wanted to make this investment (quite a large one...in case you weren't sure) for years. Kept putting it off. You know how that is. Couldn't put it off any longer. I am happy. So happy. Playing the piano relaxes me. It helps me to unwind. While I'm not the greatest...I CAN play enough to get by. We now have accompaniment for FHE. I love to hear my kids tinkering on it. Lizzy is going to be my pianist I think. She loves the thing. The novelty has worn off for the others. The best thing about this huge new addition to our living room is the feeling it brings into our home. Peace. It reminds me of my home growing up. Always hearing my Mom play. Squishing next to her on the bench plunking out the hymns (her on the left, me on the right) while my Dad would sing along. It feels warm. It feels like a home.

2 comments:

brittany said...

you should be a writer! i am so excited for you guys! I love molly's hair. how in the world do you get her to hold still for that?

Lady said...

We've had our piano for almost a year now and I LOVE it. I love sitting there and working on a piece that gets better and better with each run through. I wish I could play well but for now I will just enjoy practicing. I'm so happy for your investment. A very worthwile one that you'll never regret!