
I can't really believe another summer is over. It went by fast. Not too fast this time though. We were ready for some routine around here. We were ready for everyone to be busy all day. I was ready to have some alone time with Margaret. The summer was wonderful. Filled with GREAT stuff. Marathon. Camp. Fenwick Island. The Olympics. Seven Peaks. Annie. All of it was so, so good, but holy COW am I tired.

I don't think my kids got to bed before 10 pm ever...all summer (Margaret excluded). That meant I was up well past that, just to enjoy my clean, quiet house. To be honest, I don't think I ever fully recovered from the marathon before all the other stuff started to creep in. I will miss my sweet kids. They are so darn great. They (ie. Molly) fought a lot this summer, but they are still great. They help me out so much around the house and with Margaret. Margie and I are doing just fine though. :) It is beautiful just having one child at home. I get a lot more done, but I can also focus so much more energy on her and her needs. And...I only have to figure out lunch for one 3 year old.


The girls have been walking since the first day. They love it. The air feels so crisp and clean in the mornings. It makes me happy. Molly is jumping car shadows here. I guess it is the thing to do. This child has been ready for all day school/1st grade for about 3 years. :) She will be in Mrs. Anderson's class. I love her. I really do. She is a wonderful woman and a wonderful teacher.

Alex had ONE extra day of summer vacation. 8th graders didn't start until wednesday. The poor kid was sick all day. Throwing up sick. Throwing up in the car while his mom had him out running errands sick. He is such a sweet, good boy. I am really proud of him. He is faithfully reading his Book of Mormon every day. He doesn't want to do anything but what is right. That doesn't mean his room is clean, but the important stuff...he's doing it. I think he is amazing. We failed to get first day of school pictures of him. :( Actually, I also failed to get 13 year old birthday/balloon pictures back in March, too. I really need to document how he is changing. I think he is really, really handsome.

Dave gave the kids father's blessings on Monday night, just before school started. I always LOVE that night, but this may have been the sweetest ever. He spoke so directly to each child. Addressed their concerns and MY concerns. He gave them beautiful council. They were so reverent and still. Even Margaret. That sweet little girl sat perfectly still while her daddy blessed her for this upcoming school year. I thought about sharing some of the things he said to each child, but I think that may be too personal. Trust me, it was beautiful...and I cried the whole entire time.
11 comments:
I love that Molly and Lizzie match! They are some really cute sisters those three.
or is it Lizzy? Elizabeth? Either way, I love that they match!
Beautiful post. I'm super excited to get to know Molly a bit more next year...she's such a doll. I love Father's blessings. My favorite part when Carl asked each of them what their concerns were before he started. Ethan has a nice little list he rattled off. Emma just said, "Nothing. I'm just happy." :) Wouldn't it be nice if we could all say that each day of our lives?
This is Rachel, not Carl, by the way. :)
Awe, so sweet. I love you all right back.
I love each picture of these wonderful, beautiful girls. And yes, Alex is very handsome. And so good. I loved watching him at the talent show. I loved as he talked about when he was little and would squinch his eyes shut and the image would just be in his brain. Makes me a little teary thinking about it again.
School starting really does bring mixed feelings,doesn't it ? I miss you all so much....I just have to imagine the excitement of starting school again...especially Molly. Let us know how it goes. LOVE the pictures.
School starting really does bring mixed feelings,doesn't it ? I miss you all so much....I just have to imagine the excitement of starting school again...especially Molly. Let us know how it goes. LOVE the pictures.
Oh this is great. Those sweet sisters just walking on off to school together. So so so so sweet.
Love it Amy. What a bittersweet time of year it is for everyone. My girls start next week. Can't wait to hear how it all goes. Laura
I'm just sitting here in awe of how fast time goes by. Seems like just yesterday I was reading about the beginning of last school year. They are growing up so fast and so beautifully!
Post a Comment