Like a night when you can't see a single star,
Life is hanging over you and everything is dark.
And you can't even see one step ahead of you,
And everything feels so hard.
Don't let despair pull you from the light
The king of love and mercy is always by your side.
No matter how tossed and torn your life may feel,
You have the hope of Christ.
Don't be afraid. Let your heart believe.
There's a million shining stars up there that you can't even see.
And you are worth more than all of them combined.
Sometimes it's hard to see the Father's grand design.
Don't be dismayed. He knows your name. There is a way. Be not afraid.
This song is on a church mix I have playing in my car. I heard it a lot today. Everytime I did, I felt peace. My heart is heavy right now. People I love are hurting. It makes me hurt. When I start to feel sad, I quickly lose light and peace. I forget to trust in my Heavenly Father. I forget that He loves these people even more than I do. I walk around in a fog. I try to go on with my daily responsibilities, and for the most part, I'm fine. Until I get in my car to run an errand and this song comes on. Then I realize how much light I am missing. I am instantly filled. Instantly calmed. Instantly reassured that someone else is in charge.
Everywhere I turn, I see the adversary. Satan. The devil. Whatever you want to call him. In the media. In sorrow and discouragement. In doubt. He wants us to wonder and feel confused. He is darkness. I feel that over the last few weeks, there has been a battle for my soul. It is so easy for us to fall away from what brings us light. But...I believe it is easier NOT to fall. In this battle for me, you, our kids, our loved ones, we can fill our lives with light. How? I'm not totally sure, but I know that what I read, what I listen to, how I use my time...all those things can lead me toward light or darkness. Even amidst the filth all around us, we can find beauty. The world is beautiful, people are beautiful, the Lord knows our names.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
And here I am just texting your arm off. Let me tell you Amy Temple Schofield - you and your family are beloved like nobody's business.
Great words of wisdom Amy. Hope things are going ok with you and/or your friends. It is so easy for me to get comfortable with my life. But I think that's where I become the most vulnerable to Satan. I guess if we're not always working toward some sort of good, we're kinda in a way working against it. Love ya Amy, LG
This post resonates SO MUCH with me lately. I honestly feel that we're coming to a time when we're going to have to really start dropping every little thing in our lives that doesn't uplift and our relationships with people will be tested when we have to stand up for even what seems like the little things. I've had a couple of those moments lately and it's been hard. I find myself feeling the exact same way...that the adversary is really trying hard to get me to compare myself, to doubt myself, to give up 'just a little.' We just have to remember that we have a choice and, one little choice at a time, we can find that peace and guidance that is available to us to get through all the darkness. <3 that I have good friends to help me. :)
thanks for sharing this tonight amy.
--kristin
Amy, you and your family are so loved by so many, especially by our Father in heaven. I'm so sorry things are not right with you. Life can be sooo hard, but as you said, with His help we can't go wrong. I love this scripture. D$C 84:88 (He is, and they will !!!!)
Beautiful song. Satan's a jerk. I've seen first hand how little changes can bring BIG darkness. I'm with Rachel, I've been feeling the need to close off anything that isn't bringing me and my family more light. Love you.
Post a Comment