This is Consuela. She sells tamales on 800 N in Provo most days of the week. They are $1.25 each. You choose chicken, pork, or cheese. Or all of them. They are the best tamales I have ever tasted in my long life. Michelle and I first tried them about a year ago, on a whim. We saw this darling little hunched over lady selling them from her cooler/wagon, and thought we'd better try them. She doesn't speak a bit of English. You point to the variety you want on a card, then hold up fingers to let her know how many. I could eat her. She is smiley. We like to have her keep the change. My name is Amy, and I am addicted to Consuela's tamales. I need them every day. It used to be that if I passed her while driving down the road, I may stop and grab a few. Now, I drive over there for the sole purpose of visiting Consuela. I will drive over twice if she isn't there in the morning. When I see her big sign sticking out, my heart skips a beat. I will eat one before I have turned back onto Geneva. My kids are nuts over them. We all are. I have cash in my wallet just for her. I don't really carry cash. I like my money in the bank. I have had 2 photoshoots in the last 4 months and have been hanging onto that money so I can buy myself a few new shirts before the beach in July. My shirt stash is quickly shrinking. It's going to tamales. I can't help myself. Michelle and I have a pact. If we ever drive by and she's out, we'll be sure to buy 2 extra for eachother. I bought 8 today. $10. One less shirt for me.



6 comments:
I wish you could bring some to De. I'll bet they are fabulous !!
Note to self: Make sure and stop by to get some of Consuela's tamales when we're in Provo. Thanks for the tip!
Love this post!! Lisa
So jealous! I love me some tamales! Could you bring a few to DE when you come? ;)
If you're not careful, you may have to buy a few shirts in a bigger size! :) What am I saying?? Running somewhere around 20 miles a day probably cancels out a few tamales.
hmmm...I might have to try these! I love your posts. I love the ones on your marathon, the one on your dad and this one! Well on second thought maybe I should not try these. I don't want to get addicted too!
Post a Comment