Monday, October 3, 2011

a choice...


After a wonderful weekend full of beautiful, inspired messages, this is what I came away with. Actually, I came away with several things. Several things I would like to change about myself in the very near future. Changes that will make me a better person. Changes that will make my life richer. Changes that will make me happier. This particular change is the start. The most important for me right now. I will choose my children first. Over friends, over texting, over television, but mostly over the computer. Those 5 little people are FIRST in my life. I know it, but I need them to know it. There needs to never be any question. This sign will stay on the door to my computer room until I learn how to better balance my time. How to turn away from unimportant things to focus on those that are MOST important. I'll still post, edit pictures, read facebook updates...I'll just choose my kids first.

9 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

that is a great thought! so hard to do...but so wise.

sarahandmatt said...

I came away with quite a few myself. I love this one, though. Always true and right. Good for you!

Michelle said...

all you need to do is round those corners and your poster is perfect! ;)

Kristin said...

I love you.

mj said...

What lucky little people, to have a Mom who knows what is important. That is half the battle.

Julia said...

those kids are lucky to have such an amazing mom who cares so much about them! love this!

Malone Family Blog said...

Oh, Amy, you have found the most important way to live. I still can't get it right, but keep trying. Love you for this.

Rachel said...

I need one of these on a few doors in my house. Even though we're not perfect, that goal certainly is. You're a great mommy. :)

David and Stephanie said...

I love you Amy, your inspiration always helps me to want to be better too, thank you.