
I saw this recently and I love it. It goes well with the thoughts I have been having lately. Happiness is everywhere. All around us. And I'll tell you what...I don't want to miss it. I wish that all people could be happy all the time. I wish there was no pain. Sorrow. Mourning. I realize that there has to be. I KNOW that, but it doesn't mean I can't wish.
I have some friends who are experiencing real sorrow right now. I can't stop thinking about them. They enter my mind many, many times a day. When I'm happy and just plugging along, they enter my mind. Then I'm reminded of their sorrow and I ache for them. I worry that I shouldn't be happy. That if their lives are turned upside down right now, mine should be too. I think it is part of the whole "mourn with those that mourn" idea. They are dealing with loss and pain, and oh, how I wish I could fix it. Take that pain away.
We don't write the entire story of our lives ourselves. I guess you could say we are co-authors. Someone much more knowledgable is in charge. He has a plan. His plan may be quite different from ours. From what we think we want and need. Loss and pain are part of that plan and I hate it. But I also love it. He knows us. He loves us. He is fully aware of us and our deepest sorrows. He also gives us opportunities to feel joy...all the time. This quote reminds me to stop searching for something to "make" me happy. To look around me. Look at my family. Look at my friends. Look at the blessings in my life and be happy NOW. Happiness is here.
*source



4 comments:
Beautiful. That's all I can say.
I will just say this - I love your ability to empathize with and for others. It is what makes everyone want to be your friend. I consider myself lucky.
Sad that I am just now seeing this. I LOVE that quote SO MUCH. i love YOU so much. Your tender heart and soft spirit are comforting. I know that if I'm sad, you'll cry right along with me. You are a dear, dear friend. And though I totally agree that we can choose to see the happiness all around us, It's okay to feel and mourn and be sad, too. We are blessed to know sadness so we can appreciate joy.
Great message! I still think you should write a book. You are so good at conveying your message in words.
Post a Comment