Wednesday, April 27, 2011

mls...

Margaret Lilley. Mmm...I am obsessed with her lately. That's not to say she doesn't drive me nuts sometimes. Like when I'm lying on the couch being 100% lazy and she's climbing all OVER me, and I bark at her, then Dave chews me out for hurting her feelings. Anyhow, aside from those clingy moments, she is a doll.

Did you ever have times when you were younger and you would see a super cute kid? You wanted to squeeze them and kiss them. It was all you could do to peel your eyes off of them. You wanted to hold them all the time. Record their voice. Steal them from your older siblings. That's how I felt about my nieces and nephews growing up, and it's how I feel about Margaret now. She's like a delicious, compact, funny, little doll baby.

I am in love. She has started oozing with personality recently. She still doesn't really talk, but what she does say is absolutely adorable. Right now, she is really into singing. In church on Sunday, she sat with a hymnal in her lap, concentrating really hard (she furrows her eyebrows) and "di-dah-doo"-ing. The verse would end, the congregation would quiet, but Margie would keep singing. Oh my gosh, she was really making us laugh. A freaking riot! She also climbs up to the piano. She opens whatever book is in front of her, tinkers out some notes, and "sings". She serenades me while I do the dishes.

She says "no" a lot. Not sassy or bratty, it's just one of the few words she's really good at. She says it more like "nooooo-uh". Like I said, she's adorable.

Lizzy loves putting Margaret's hair in a little piggie. I have to admit, part of my love affair with her right now may be due to the cutest ponytail I have ever seen in my 37 years. It bounces when she runs. Oh my...her running. It is awkward and so, so cute. She can't run without leaning forward a little, but leaning forward makes her lose her balance. She's sorting it out, but right now, we just laugh at her. Don't worry. Her feelings aren't hurt. :)

Took some video of her at the piano today. I'll see how comlicated it is to transfer to the computer. It would make your day. I promise.

*On another note, did the elliptical again today. It was good. I worked really hard. Actually, I feel like I got up to the same level of exersion as running my 7 mile loop. It felt great. Don't worry about me. Not running the Ogden marathon is becoming much more of a reality to me, but I can handle it. I will just run the Provo River Half in a few months and knock the socks off my old time.

7 comments:

MommyMert said...

She is very very sweet... I am anxious to see that little pony.

Ryan + Jess said...

You are completely amazing. I'm so sorry about your physical setbacks. But don't worry; you will totally bounce back. Because that is all it is: a setback. And you will come back, stronger than ever :)

Melissa Yergensen said...

Yup, pretty darn adorable!

Taunya said...

UM, your kids are SO CUTE!!

London said...

Darling Margie! She sounds like a fun little bundle. All your kids are amazing though.

mj said...

Margaret is at such a sweet stage...I'm so glad that I got to see her at this time. Love the dress on her.

Rachel said...

I think the picture of her on your sidebar pretty much says it all...cute stinker.