Tuesday, January 4, 2011

proof...

Exactly one year ago, I made a committment to change. Dave and I had to have health assessments at his work for insurance purposes. We had one again yesterday, one year later.

Total cholesterol: 174-normal is 200, ideal is under 170. I'll get there. I was well over 200 last year.
HDL (the good fat): 63-ideal is over 60. Last year I was 39.
Triglycerides: 45-ideal is less than 150. I dropped 46 points.
Weight: x-42
BMI: dropped 7.7 points. I now fall at the bottom end of the normal range.
Body fat %: dropped 11 % points! Also at the bottom end of normal.

I was SO happy to see these results. This is what running has done for me. It works. I am a healthier and happier person. If you're still searching for that magic weight loss solution...this is it. Diet and excercise. Eat in moderation, and move your body. It feels REALLY good. I promise.

10 comments:

mj said...

Congrats Amy!!! You look great too.I'm so glad you found running...Dad swears by it. Unfortunately he can't run right now and he really misses it.

Kimo said...

Congratulations!!! You look wonderful!

MommyMert said...

Its always nice to have hard work pay off and see the results. I think you are a great example to me. Thank you for that. I am now going to finish eating my twinkie. ;)

Lisa said...

Amy I am very proud of you. I know you love to run, but I also know you have worked hard to get your results. So congratulations!

David and Stephanie said...

Amy you look FAbUlOuS!! This year it's my turn. My NEW running shoes should get here next week! yippee.
Keep up the great work, I still needs lots of motivation :)

Rachel said...

I'm envious of your drive and loyalty to running. My lovely sis got me an i-pod touch for Christmas JAM-PACKED with music. I think that will help me on the elliptical. I just need your motivational words running through my head...maybe you could make me a tape? :)

Michelle said...

You look fantastic! Yeah, it's like what I've been saying lately, "Turns out exercise really does work!"

Kristin said...

I love that not only have you lost weight and not only do you look great, you also have improved on the "inside" where it matters just as much. The changes in your numbers are awesome. Great job, Amy!

Kris Tina said...

Greg and I saw you running by just the other morning - and then we blinked - and then you were gone. My goal this year? Get fast. Totally an inspiration. Nice work.

Vanessa said...

Amy, this is just amazing, and all in one year! Seriously, what an incredible achievement!

I am dying to get fit and lose weight and I have decided that running is the way, so this post was destined to appear in my reader. I feel very underconfident about my physical fitness and am so daunted by running. But people love it and say anyone can do it and so, this year, I am going to try. I bought a book with a program, and I will try to follow it.
How did you start running and building things up?
I am in awe of what you have done - what a positive step for yourself and your family! Love, Vanessa xx