Monday, January 10, 2011

a day (or 2) for the twins...


Things started on Saturday...birthday eve. They were DYING to open some presents early. I totally get it. I have had MANY a holiday where all of mine are opened the day before. I let them open 2. They were so thrilled. In an effort to make this birthday celebration about BOTH of them, I let Emily choose Saturday night's dinner and Elizabeth chose Sunday.

They wanted french toast with strawberries on top. It was pretty great. Forgot to take pictures of the messy feast though.

Donut towers...again. :)

10 balloons waiting for them in the morning.

Molly snuck her way into the twins birthday photoshoot.

It kindof stinks having your birthday on a Sunday. Especially a Sunday where your dad is gone from 6:45 am until 6:15 pm. It's hard to make it eventful if you're doing your best to keep the day holy, you know? After church, we headed over to BYU with their balloons to get some pictures. I love taking pictures of these girls. It was BITTER cold though. I kept telling them to give me some sass. They were a riot!




Evidence that Emily really IS getting taller. She's nearly up to my shoulders. Lizzy passes her by about 4 inches. I think their heights suit their personalities though. Is that wierd?

Molly was freezing and pretty ticked off about it. She was mad at ME, that I hadn't made her bring a coat. She was mad, but that doesn't mean she wasn't cute.




Aren't they gorgeous?
They have such soft, milky skin.
They're long and lean.
Their hair is fabulous.

They beg me for Flaming Hot Cheetos...regularly. SO...they each got their own bag. it was a hit. Wierd, I know.

Birthday dinner #2...pasta with pink sauce, garlic bread that I over-salted and no one would eat, oranges, and salad. The oranges were by far the favorite part of the meal. I'm betting their stomachs are fairly upset today from all the citrus.


Cutest little Webkinz EVER, saved for last. Lizzy lets ALL of her emotions show. Can you tell?

Emily got an orangutan. It is so ugly/cute. She's in love.

Lastly, the cake. They chose strawberry/pretzel/jello salad. Aren't they the cutest?
Happy birthday my sweet girls. I LOVE you.

12 comments:

mj said...

Love, love, love the pictures !!! It looks like their birthday was great.They are such good sports about always havinr their b-day photo shoot in freezing weather. Molly always does too. Thanksgirls for making your grandma very happy.

Kris Tina said...

I love their sass.

Do you need me to come over and help Sunday mornings? I'm not being nice - I'm being serious. Dead serious.

sarahandmatt said...

Sweet girls. Darling Pictures. Amazing Mom!!! They are so lucky.

brittany said...

they are so so beautiful!! glad they had a great day.

Ryan + Jess said...

Seriously, THE best birthdays ever. You are the best mom :) And they are completely gorgeous.

London said...

Happy Birthday Cute Girls!!! These are the bomb.

Lisa said...

What gorgeous girls. So glad they had such a wonderful day despite it being Sunday. (it IS hard on Sundays). They are such great kids. Love them a lot.

Michelle said...

Looks like a non-lame Sunday birthday to me!

jamie said...

Happy Birthday Emily and Lizzy!! Cute pictures, as always!

Christina & Andrew said...

They REALLY are the sweetest girls I know... so beautiful!

Sharene said...

Love these, and the ones of Molly's birthday. I haven't been in the blogging world much lately. I love your girls. I think I pick them every week in primary because they are so good, and so beautiful and so sweet! I hope no one else notices my prejudices towards them! Happy birthday!!

Kristin said...

Beautiful, beautiful.

Love them.