Last night was crazy fantastic! Dave has been telling me for weeks that he was going to take me out on a "birthday" date the night before we headed to Delaware. I was excited! See, we don't get out much. I'd started to get pretty curious the last few days. I was trying to figure out who Dave had gotten as our sitter. All he would tell me was that it was someone I loved dearly. :) He HATES when I try to guess surprises...so I gave up. Until the twins started vomiting yesterday. I was worried for whoever was coming over. He told me NOT to worry. He came home a bit early, changed his clothes to psyche me out, then the doorbell rang. He came and told me the sitter had arrived. I finished whatever I was doing, then went around the corner to see who he had managed to get.
I couldn't believe what I saw. My dear, sweet friend Carrie with our other 2 college roomates. Andrea and Melissa were in Utah...at my house! I had to turn away for a minute to hide my gasps and ugly cry. I could NOT believe it. They were here...to celebrate my birthday. I'm crying right now, just thinking about it. My very best college friends. My girls. They were actually here. I don't know that there are words to describe the joy I felt in those few moments. We had a great night out on the town. Eating an insane amount of food, laughing, remembering, sharing details about our little families. I haven't seen Andrea or Melissa for a good 15 years. 15! That is ridiculous. Never again. Next reunion...2013!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
How awesome! You sure do have an amazingly awesome and thoughtful husband. ♥
you look amazing, Amy! Can't wait for your beach pics! Oh, and Happy Birthday!
How fun! What a great surprise!
HOW FUN!!!! Your hubby sure adores you. :)
By the way ... you look A-MA-ZING!
Looks like LOTS of fun. I have always loved that Dave of yours.
WHY did noone tell me how reeeedonckulus that headband looked? We were so thrilled to see you too!
What an awesome birthday surprise!
You had to pick the one where my eyes pop out of my head. But at least I look bustier than Andrea! Call me when you get home.
That is awesome!
I had no idea what a surprise it was when I saw you four gorgeous gals!
Sweet, sweet Dave.
Wow, how fun! That was so sweet of Dave. I am ready for a girl's night out, that is for sure! Can't wait until you get back and we can do that.
Happy Birthday!!! What perfect surprise, Amy. Looks like you had a blast at camp too. I wish I could pop over to the beach to see you all.
Whatever, Carrie. I am looking like double D there baby. Melissa, your headband looked very stylish and cute. Amy, I stole the picture for my blog too. Still thinking about the fabulous time we had and can't wait for the next.
and my hair was parted weird...why didn't someone fix that???
Post a Comment