Thursday, May 31, 2012

three years...

May 29th, three years ago, our sweet little Margie was born. I wanted her so much. I just knew we needed her in our family. I was right. She is sunshine...on a cloudy day. She is a happy, bright baby girl. She decided to skip her terrible two's for her poor, tired mommy. My kids are in love with her. You can tell by the way they treat her. They protect her. They look out for her. They are gentle and soft and patient with her. I have a hard time telling exactly who she looks like. I guess she looks like Margaret. :) I LOVE her.


She chose Yogurtland as her treat. I could hardly object. We haven't been going there nearly as often as we should lately.
We decided to head to the river trail for some balloon pictures. There is a giant swing hanging from a tree about 1/4 mile of the way in. It's a tiny little nook, just off the trail. A little wonderland. My kids love it so much lately. It seemed like the perfect place. It really was, aside from all the cotton blowing in our faces. I started things off with 3 balloons, but after about 5 pictures, she realized the green one had come untied. What is it with me and balloon photoshoots? It is definitely teaching me to just do the best I can and let things go. Margie wanted Rapunzel (Dolly) to swing with her. Rapunzel loved it...can't you tell? :)
I don't love the sunflare in this picture, but I love Margaret in it. I got a lot of great pictures that afternoon, but this one really captures HER. Oh my goodness, her hair, her pudgy hands, her cankles (I don't know if they will ever go away...and I just don't care), the light in her face. She seems very smiley to me. Maybe it's just because I am her mom, and I am in love with her, but she seems to smile an awful lot.



Margaret, you are a sweet pea. You are the perfect addition to our family. You make us happy. You remind us how very, very important family is. Happy birthday baby girl.

7 comments:

mj said...

Oh my goodness....ADORABLE !!!!

Rachel said...

I'm SO GLAD blogger started working for you because this post is SO WORTH the headache. She really is so so sweet, beautiful...a little piece of sunshine, like you said. I'd tell you my favorite picture of her here, but I just couldn't pin it down to one. They're all so stinkin' adorable.

mj said...

I absolutely love her rosy cheeks and her almost white hair. Such a cutie !!! Don't forget to put them on Wal-Mart.

brittany said...

she looks like YOU, especially in the last couple pictures. She is adorable. I'm glad she's been the perfect addition to your family. It's hard to believe your family could become any more amazing, but I think it did when she was born!

Christina & Andrew said...

Love her, love her, LOVE HER!!!!!

jamie said...

I can't believe she is THREE!!! Such a cutie, and these photos are adorable:)

Michelle said...

She is adorable! I love that smile! She is a happy little thing! HB, Margie!